Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
Not likely no. Too sloppy with the puck to effectively work as a puck possession team. You neutralize the Rangers by clogging the middle of the ice and then just wait.

We had the puck quite a bit in that game but constantly fumbled with it.

2-0 Ducks already . They don't **** around like we do .

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
nyroffense_zpse8fslbu9.jpg~original

Left the building as soon as scoring off the rush was limited. Aka, 4/16.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Duck are winning the cup this year. The teams their facing to get to the cup are a joke.

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
And he's exactly right, being a former NHL goaltender and actually knowing what he's on about unlike the HF keyboard goaltenders.

Ovechkin is skating behind the net so Lundqvist comes off the post, then Ovechkin makes a RIDICULOUS pass (people really need to give him credit for that) to a WIDE OPEN Joel Ward on the doorstep with nobody anywhere near him.

A one-timer off a clean pass from behind the net is tough enough to stop because the goalie has NO TIME to properly position themselves and react to the shot, let alone an insane pass like that which would take any goaltender by surprise.

Absolutely, 100%

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think people are taking into account how much worse off our defense is with Boyle replacing Stralman.

And how much worse our 4th line is with Tanner Glass and Jesper Fast instead of Dorsett and Brian Boyle.

With Glass, its bad that he was signed, but he still barely plays. He plays, what, 10 minutes a game? Going from Brian Boyle to Glass is possibly going from the best fourth line player in the league to the worst, but we really are only talking about 10-12 minutes per game.

Dan Boyle plays 20+ per game usually and can't defend. I think thats a way bigger problem. I'm not even so sure he's an NHL caliber player anymore.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
One Tampa Bay 04 outcast wasn't enough last year. We needed two.

Brutal.

Get buchnevich over here. He can't possibly be worse than MSL.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
It's just when I watch our playoff games, I don't see a Presidents trophy type team. I see a sloppy one, who can't seem to score easy goals, every single one is a GRIND. We had no business even tieing it up if not for the fluke goal that plinko-d its way through 5 guys. And of course, the finisher where the Caps win the face off, Ovy controls the puck and skates into our zone while 4 rangers skate around him like there was a 10 foot barrier around him. Every part of our game failed in that last sequence and we didnt really deserve the win. I just wish we came out like Anaheim and set the tone, scoring and beating them up. Maybe my expectations are off. Now this makes Saturday pretty much a must win.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
And he's exactly right, being a former NHL goaltender and actually knowing what he's on about unlike the HF keyboard goaltenders.

Ovechkin is skating behind the net so Lundqvist comes off the post, then Ovechkin makes a RIDICULOUS pass (people really need to give him credit for that) to a WIDE OPEN Joel Ward on the doorstep with nobody anywhere near him.

A one-timer off a clean pass from behind the net is tough enough to stop because the goalie has NO TIME to properly position themselves and react to the shot, let alone an insane pass like that which would take any goaltender by surprise.

Well said. Especially the "HF keyboard goalie" part.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nash will not be a factor in the playoffs as expected. Lets all relax and forget about it.

I actually already did. Nash choked again. I don't even expect him to score. We were discussing who'll score in OT vs the Pens and I had total disbelief in someone's prediction that Nash would score. His one goal so far was too late to count.

Five goals in 47 playoff games. 5! Thays 8.7 goals per 82 gamws. He can't be injured every year he makes the playoffs. He just can't perform in high pressure situations.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
So, it's the Rangers job to take Ovi's trash talk and shove it down his throat.
By whatever means. The ball is in your court, Rangers.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That was the most demoralizing thing I've ever seen. Depressing.

Boyle gets hit cheap and to the head, yes, but everyone stopped playing. All anyone had to do was just prevent any type of clean play on the puck, there was 3 seconds left for christ sake you don't even have to make a smart play just ****ing knock the puck back to the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma