Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And finally the whole "hey we just scored, let's ECHL for 5 minutes" thing finally got us. When can we stop doing that?

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
I'm still confident in this team. They're much better than how they played tonight.

That's why I'm not worried. They were unimpressive for most of the Pittsburgh series and still won in 5. They were **** tonight and still had a chance to win in OT before they decided to stop playing. When they don't have their heads up their *****, this team can beat anybody.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
For all the credit people give Slats, letting Stralman go and signing Boyle probably should overshadow them all.

I don't think people are taking into account how much worse off our defense is with Boyle replacing Stralman.

And how much worse our 4th line is with Tanner Glass and Jesper Fast instead of Dorsett and Brian Boyle.

LottieDottie

Oct 13, 2008
NY
rangers think the boards are the only place on the ice. it's so weird watching all these other teams play hockey where they enter the opposing zone with the puck and carry it along and take shots on the netted thing.

i am losing my mind i am so mad

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
MSL, Nash, Miller and Boyle were terrible. We have no offense and our PP sucks. But, of course the goalie will get the blame as usual even though we never win unless he allows 1 goal or less.

Narcissus

Jul 4, 2009
AV had a bad game. He's got to be better. You have last change, act like it.

Quoted for emphasis, enough with rolling the d pairs. They had a week off, the caps barely had any chances outside of OV.

Shadow OV with the top two pairs, not that hard. I understand not wanting to overwork your guys because that's how mistakes happen but Trotz has clearly shown his hand. Anytime he can get a matchup for OV he's on the ice, start making adjustments or else the caps might win this series.

If the caps want to play boring hockey let them, stop trusting Boyle it would be such a waste.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I put a lot of this game on Miller. He could have stopped that icing at the end of the period in addition to other flubs.

No doubt he had a nightmare of a game but in the end he won't be the reason if we are ousted this round. I won't mention the two guys who will be the reason cause I will get bashed on here

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
You guys don't have to worry about benching Boyle, after that hit he looks like he might be out for a while, definitely a shoulder or head injury. If they suspend or fine Backstrom at all the Rangers should be livid because nothing was called at the time of the hit. It wasn't even away from the play, at first I thought it was Tom Wilson, but it was friggin Nik Backstrom who normally doesn't even throw hits! The one time he does he manages to get away with a high hit from behind and towards the head area. Even if the Caps don't score that is still a penalty, the fact that they score by separating a guy from the puck with an illegal play is just the icing on the cake. Whatever, it's one game, we were looking like we weren't gonna win this one before Hayes flip to the net, call it rust from too many days off. We win this thing in 7 games cuz that's what we always do against Washington.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
Not likely no. Too sloppy with the puck to effectively work as a puck possession team. You neutralize the Rangers by clogging the middle of the ice and then just wait.

We had the puck quite a bit in that game but constantly fumbled with it.

Yeah and with Nash the way he plays forget about it .

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
MSL, Nash, Miller and Boyle were terrible. We have no offense and our PP sucks. But, of course the goalie will get the blame as usual even though we never win unless he allows 1 goal or less.
He let in a softie to end the game though.

Wolfy*

Lines were a mess tonight, nothing worked. Oh Zucc...we really miss you :(

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
they won't

I agree they won't step up! We have seen a big sample size. It's obvious the younger players like kreider, miller and Hayes will have to lead the way and not sure if they can

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Saw the replay 50 times:

1) Boyle is an idiot for leaving his side when it was a 1-on-4. It did nothing but cause confusion

2) Boyle looked up and saw Miller behind the net uncovered but opted not to pass. Miller was doing his job covering for Boyle's vacated side

3) if your going to not move the puck to absorb a hit, then absorn the hit. Boyle took the safe way out, got hurt anyway and lost the puck.

All in all, that goal is 100 pct on Boyle.

Just an odd play for a veteran. Should have never been on the ice. If Girardi or Klein were tired, call a TO with 5 seconds left.

Sad. But get over it I guess

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
I'm really starting to think Nash just doesn't have the heart for playoff hockey. Doesn't bode well for team's success. Huge missing piece.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Quoted for emphasis, enough with rolling the d pairs. They had a week off, the caps barely had any chances outside of OV.

Shadow OV with the top two pairs, not that hard. I understand not wanting to overwork your guys because that's how mistakes happen but Trotz has clearly shown his hand. Anytime he can get a matchup for OV he's on the ice, start making adjustments or else the caps might win this series.

If the caps want to play boring hockey let them, stop trusting Boyle it would be such a waste.

It's even more puzzling that he put out Boyle with McD - a pairing that has hardly ever played together. Why? It just doesn't make any sense for the last few seconds and with Ovechkin on the ice.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
one thing i find completely hilarious.

i and others were skeptical all year of the rangers and how they played, now they suck for a game, and everyone has a meltdown calling them a fluke, many of the same that thought we were insane.

i love irony.

BarbaraAlphanse

Bring up the undertaker. Enough with this nonsense. Have him take out 3 capitals on his way to the penalty box.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Valiquette broke it down already on the post-game. Hank is tracking the puck on OV's stick, while looking behind the net, and just about to start his movement to the other post, when he realizes he's already made a pass to a WIDE OPEN Joel Ward in front, it was too late.

And he's exactly right, being a former NHL goaltender and actually knowing what he's on about unlike the HF keyboard goaltenders.

Ovechkin is skating behind the net so Lundqvist comes off the post, then Ovechkin makes a RIDICULOUS pass (people really need to give him credit for that) to a WIDE OPEN Joel Ward on the doorstep with nobody anywhere near him.

A one-timer off a clean pass from behind the net is tough enough to stop because the goalie has NO TIME to properly position themselves and react to the shot, let alone an insane pass like that which would take any goaltender by surprise.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
nyroffense_zpse8fslbu9.jpg~original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad