Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
The fact that it was so close with such a crap effort is a good sign. Now, if the team actually WAKES UP and plays a full 60 minutes, we'd be fine.

Still, though...way too many passengers tonight. :rant:

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Ugh this sucks. But we need to suck it up, forget about it, expect Nash to not score, hopefully we win game 2. Going into Washington 2-0 will pretty much kill us. We NEED to win game two, N E E D. No if ands or butts. Suck it up, forget about it, it's a bran new game in a long series.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm still confident in this team. They're much better than how they played tonight.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
We can't beat the Ducks or the Hawks anyway .

Not likely no. Too sloppy with the puck to effectively work as a puck possession team. You neutralize the Rangers by clogging the middle of the ice and then just wait.

We had the puck quite a bit in that game but constantly fumbled with it.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Hard to win when you only score 1 goal. Klein clearly had some rust to shake off. Made really poor decisions with the puck.

I hate losing Game 1 more than any other game (except Game 7), but the Rangers can bounce back since they are clearly better than the Caps. So long as those ******** don't hurt everyone on the roster.

And maybe one year the Rangers will have a good PP.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What the **** is Hank doing on that goal sequence? I know it was from a turnover and quick chance, but what else could he have been expecting would possibly beat the clock? He looked like it caught him completely by surprise.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everyone's either blaming Boyle or McDonagh for that chance and I don't even know whose man Ward was. When a guy is so alone you can't even tell who got beat, that's a bad sign.

Somebody quit and assumed the game was going to overtime. It wasn't McDonagh or Boyle.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It's a bad hit. Penalty for sure. 0% chance of suspension.

To me it comes down to 6 players quitting on a play because they assumed the other team would too to take it to OT. Caps wanted it more on that last shift. It's inexcusable.

Honestly the other 59:50 I thought they were the better team. Not great. But the better team.

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
let the overreactions begin. Rangers played well, had chances didn't capitalize. Ovechkin scored an incredible goal and I can't explain the last goal. But, win game 2 and we are right where we need to be.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Nash will not be a factor in the playoffs as expected. Lets all relax and forget about it.

Yes, by now that has become obvious. The problem is, that with Zucc out and MSL being done, our offensive options are getting very slim. You'd hope your highest paid forward would step up and not the 3rd line players, because Hagelin and Fast surely won't be enough to win the cup.

BarbaraAlphanse

A lot of ifs on the goal.

If Boyle hadn't been on the ice to begin with.

If miller decided Ovi didn't need 3 players to defend him at one time.

If the ref decided to call a blatant dangerous hit.

If Henrik wasn't gawking at the referee and positioned himself better.

If someone slipped the time keeper a 100 to fast forward the official time of the goal to after 0.0.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
I put a lot of this game on Miller. He could have stopped that icing at the end of the period in addition to other flubs.

edit: Nash has been playing with an injury (concussion?) for a while now, hes been dried up since he came back from injury. I wouldnt expect much of the physical play he did before the injury.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The last play of the game that sealed it for the Capitals was bad, but they had their problems at the other end much more.

The Rangers will have to do better offensively in Game 2. They actually did okay on defence in their own zone tonight, I don't fault them overall.
There was not much happening offensively. Best to shine the light a bit stronger on that.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I'm still confident in this team. They're much better than how they played tonight.

Well, the big saving grace for the Rangers in this series is that Washington isn't a very good team. They have limited weapons and constantly make defensive mistakes.

But, if the Rangers continue with their sloppy play with the puck: how good/bad Washington is irrelevant.

Cobra Jack*

Rangers played like garbage and deserved to lose. I ain't even mad. Maybe it's better they lost. They need to wake up. A win tonight would do nothing but reward pitiful play. Pitiful play deserves to be punished. Rangers deserved to lose.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
What the **** is Hank doing on that goal sequence? I know it was from a turnover and quick chance, but what else could he have been expecting would possibly beat the clock? He looked like it caught him completely by surprise.

Valiquette broke it down already on the post-game. Hank is tracking the puck on OV's stick, while looking behind the net, and just about to start his movement to the other post, when he realizes he's already made a pass to a WIDE OPEN Joel Ward in front, it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00