Post-Game Talk: Caps Rangers 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
We need goaltending. It’s impossible to completely eliminate opponents’ scoring chances obviously. If we don’t make a move for an experienced goalie, we might not go deep in the playoffs.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We need goaltending. It’s impossible to completely eliminate opponents’ scoring chances obviously. If we don’t make a move for an experienced goalie, we might not go deep in the playoffs.
Please tell me which of those goals would you bet an experienced goalie stops?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
If they lose it will be the 2nd time all season they've lost after leading going into the third.

I wouldn't just look at the losses. I'd look to see how often have we been outscored in the 3rd, let teams back in the game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Common thread in this meltdown is bad play at the blueline.
100%. Three awful turnovers at the offensive blueline and TJ trying to be too cute at the defensive blueline will torpedo what was actually a really solid performance. Caps controlled over 60% of the high-danger chances at 5-on-5 (through the Rangers 4th goal, not sure how it'll end up after the final whistle) and the PP looked much better.

The turnovers killed them tonight and Shesterkin putting on a goaltending clinic didn't help.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Shesterkin kept the Rangers in this game long enough for Washington to implode. VV wasn't bad, but the Rags goaltender was terrific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad