Post-Game Talk: Caps Rangers 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Please tell me which of those goals would you bet an experienced goalie stops?
Even the best goalie in the world could allow these four goals in a single game. The problem is we haven’t had consistent goaltending from both young goalies this season. I don’t recall many games this season where our goalies stole games. Do we have time to wait until they develop? We are a team with old stars that can’t wait.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Way too many slow defensemen on this team. Gonna get blown out by faster teams.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Even the best goalie in the world could allow these four goals in a single game. The problem is we haven’t had consistent goaltending from both young goalies this season. I don’t recall many games this season where our goalies stole games. Do we have time to wait until they develop? We are a team with old stars that can’t wait.
I don’t understand your point. If your vet wouldn’t have won this game and we have one of the best records in the league.... where are we losing games because of these two?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Do you want consistency, or game stealing?

Or do you just want game stealing with consistency?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
How many goalies out there are “stellar”? And how would we go get one?
I know we aren't getting any stellar goalie this season. It's frustrating that we haven't grown one. Samsonov hasn't played many games. In KHL he was behind other goalie, here he's either hurt or ill. It's frustrating to see Shesterkin is playing great, while neither VV or Samsonov can steal a game for us. There were rockie goalies who won the Cup. Why can't we have one?

Reactions: Firsov99

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I don’t understand your point. If your vet wouldn’t have won this game and we have one of the best records in the league.... where are we losing games because of these two?
Don’t think about a single game performance, and forget about the total number of points (we’ve won useless regular seasons before). Think about whether our goalies are capable of stealing games in long stretches (like a playoffs series).

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I know we aren't getting any stellar goalie this season. It's frustrating that we haven't grown one. Samsonov hasn't played many games. In KHL he was behind other goalie, here he's either hurt or ill. It's frustrating to see Shesterkin is playing great, while neither VV or Samsonov can steal a game for us. There were rockie goalies who won the Cup. Why can't we have one?
Shestyorkin is quite a steal for the Rags. We couldn’t transition smoothly from the great 2018 goalie combo.

Last edited:

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Next game against them should be fun. 3rd period collapses are concerning. Next time we need to pot 5 before the 3rd period. Concerning that we couldn't buy a goal when we needed. Though Sheary was good, creating chances and cycling in the O zone. Honestly even with the winning record I'm not confident we can do damage this post-season. Well, the sky is falling.

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
You know, if we hoist another Cup this will be a minor irritation on the season. Right now? HATE, LOATHE and DESPISE playing these guys. Whether it's them playing well (credit where it's due) or us just crapping the bed, it's frustrating as hell playing this middle of the pack team.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Every team craps the bed in the third period from time to time. Some more than others. The surprise here is that Sunday's collapse was followed by tonight's. Much of tonight's debacle was due to mistakes by individual players. Did the team make any adjustments after Sunday? Sure, Lars returned, but in terms of game strategy? I'd love a goalie to steal a game here and there, but the individual mistakes are killers. Were the Caps looking past tonight's game? I'd prefer 4 pts v the Aisles over 2 tonight + 2 v the Aisles, but it's disappointing to leave points on the table, in terms of games they could/should've won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->