Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

enjoy this gif... this is how you deal with it... Messier style

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Valiquette doesn't stop with the Colton Orr stuff. I get it but I don't need him reading tough guy texts from a guy who is never going to touch the ice again. Focus on the team we have.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He even had his stick wrapped around Buch's neck and punching him at same time.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
A deterrent is not someone who will drop the gloves against the perpetrator. It's someone who the other team fears will take a run at their top player, either clean or not, in an eye for an eye. This team lacks any sense of crazy or unpredictability by what one of its players might do in response. Plain vanilla personality.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I for one am shocked that professional players didn't want to face large fines and/or suspensions to 'even the score'. Truly, truly shocked

Reactions: Machinehead

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
I used to think the Sather method of always having a goon anchor on the 4th line was stupid but I've change my mind. Having an enforcer is necessary, keeps the star players feeling safe and holds goons like Wilson accountable for their actions.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He took liberties with our skill guys. You go take liberties with theirs. Its not rocket science, no one is expecting Adam Fox to square up with Wilson.
But who? The team this year got rid of anyone who would have the balls to go do such a thing. Well maybe Lindgren but he's hurt.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
By the way this is exactly why they should have kept a guy like Lemieux
Pretty hilarious considering Lemieux deterred literally nothing and everyone laughed him off.

You can pretty much book it that Wilson would have Wilson'd just the same if Lemieux was in the lineup. You can literally count on no hands the amount of times that Lemieux has been effective in preventing shitty players from doing shitty things while he was in the lineup.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
"Our country has been invaded by lizard like aliens from Jupiter and they want to enslave us but right after this, we've got plenty more to come that you won't want to miss" - John Gioannone

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He is making a point...
and I am glad he read that text because that is the reality of it when you play against scum bags like Wilson. Imagine if this was a 7 game series?! Wilson would just keep doing more of the same.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Gorton and JD have to get some guys on this team who can play with grit and can drop the gloves if need be.

I was disgusted earlier in the season when Jeremy Lauzon punched Kakko in the face and nobody did anything.

Then watching what happened tonight, it’s clear nobody fears this team on a physical level. There needs to be a price to pay when someone decides to put their hands on our players.
I very seriously doubt 99% of players in this league fear literally any other player on a physical level. Nobody is getting hurt in modern NHL fights except for cases of bad luck. We do need harder players just for morale and to build cohesion in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad