Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers: 05/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Did Colton Orr and Valiquette coexist on the Rangers? Thought he played the Kevin Weekes era

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Honestly that amazing Kakko goal from that amazing pass from Laffy made up for any negatives in this game, in my opinion. That is what I'll take from this game. A positive.
Did you see Buch get strangled with a stick and punched in the back of the head? did you see Panarin get tossed head down and come within inches of ending his career?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
My thoughts.

1. miller is horrific on defense. Floats around and has no awareness of where he is and others are on ice. He needs at least half a season in the ahl next year.

2. Quinn is awful part. Why the hell is pp1 still out after a whistle and half the powerplay is over. Play the god damn kids.

3. Quinn is awful part 2. Why is blackwell on pp2. Put kravtaov there u dumbass.

4. quinn is awful part 3. Why are no kids being rotated in the PK? We used 4 forwards in a game witb a ton of penalties. Play chytil, kakko, kratvsov and barron on the pk. Especially if we trade zib and buch next year who are our two best PKers. The kids need to develop. Blackwell and rooney do not need to develop.

Gorts should just fire quinn and let knobby take over to end the season.

PLAY THE GOD DAMN KIDS. SEASON IS OVER! No reason to run out blackwell for wverything!

f*** u quinn

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
He is making a point...

He made the same point during intermission. Colton Orr Colton Orr Colton Orr Colton Orr. Dude is reading text messages on air from Colton Orr like he's being given the Ten Commandments from Moses. No one cared about Colton Orr when he was here and now he's the savior. How about talking about what the players on the ice tonight could have done better regarding Wilson? Or, if he believes they don't have the personnel to deal with someone like Wilson how about suggesting some CURRENT players that might be able to fill that need?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I for one am shocked that professional players didn't want to face large fines and/or suspensions to 'even the score'. Truly, truly shocked
I'm morbidly curious as to what people actually want here.

Somebody picks Wilson up and breaks his neck? I'd enjoy it but when has any of this ever happened?

Colton Orr is full of shit. I f***ing WATCHED him do nothing on multiple occasions. His only role was fighting the other team's Colton Orr. He did nothing to stop good players who are assholes because we wouldn't dare put him on the ice with good players.

People are just mad we lose and as always, toughness is the security blanket.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I dont think there is a single rangers fan who wouldnt want Ovechkin, Wilson, or Marchand on this team. A star who is also not afraid to get physical and get dirty.

These players are unbelievably rare. Those who are advocating for toughness have to realize that a massive overpayment is required for one of these players or they are okay with talentless goons being on this roster. Usually they argue that they dont want talentless goons, but tonight I guess Hollweg is in vogue, thus dropping the false talent pretense.

I dont want to overpay for toffness, nor do I want to employ goons. I want my team to ice a competitive hockey team. If there is an element of grit with that talent, I would be more than happy with it. It is without a doubt a secondary component to icing a good or great team, though. Tampa did not win a cup with Hollwegs, despite this insane revisionist history thats being attempted.

Last edited:

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
It is my disgust talking, but Strome NEEDS to go. Also, if Robertson is willing to be nasty, Miller needs to be moved when he is ready. Then, bring in some sandpaper that can skate. I like Gaut, but he has had his chances and he is not what they need right now. Kakko was one of our most physical guys out there.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It is my disgust talking, but Strome NEEDS to go. Also, if Robertson is willing to be nasty, Miller needs to be moved when he is ready. Then, bring in some sandpaper that can skate. I like Gaut, but he has had his chances and he is not what they need right now. Kakko was one of our most physical guys out there.
Miller isn’t blocking Robertson that’s ridiculous.

Robertson has a spot wide open for him when and if he earns it.

Miller may actually have to fight for a spot in camp next year which would be far superior to forcing him into the top four line we had to this season

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Orr played like 6-9 minutes a game, he would not have likely been out there.

We've seen the reactive stuff, it does not work strategically.

Rangers need to be proactive and actually bring some physicality to the other team where they have to react to the Rangers. If it worked the other way around the past 15 tougher lowest line/pair players the Rangers brought in would have changed at least something by this point.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
"Our country has been invaded by lizard like aliens from Jupiter and they want to enslave us but right after this, we've got plenty more to come that you won't want to miss" - John Gioannone
I exited the stream after the final horn, but I believe this to be word-for-word what JG said

Reactions: Tob

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He made the same point during intermission. Colton Orr Colton Orr Colton Orr Colton Orr. Dude is reading text messages on air from Colton Orr like he's being given the Ten Commandments from Moses. No one cared about Colton Orr when he was here and now he's the savior. How about talking about what the players on the ice tonight could have done better regarding Wilson? Or, if he believes they don't have the personnel to deal with someone like Wilson how about suggesting some CURRENT players that might be able to fill that need?
Him mentioning Colton Orr is basically him “talking about” the players not doing anything on the ice. We all saw what didnt happen.

And what players do you want him to suggest? He isnt the GM. He is a broadcast analyst working for MSG.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm morbidly curious as to what people actually want here.

Somebody picks Wilson up and breaks his neck? I'd enjoy it but when has any of this ever happened?

Colton Orr is full of shit. I f***ing WATCHED him do nothing on multiple occasions. His only role was fighting the other team's Colton Orr. He did nothing to stop good players who are assholes because we wouldn't dare put him on the ice with good players.

People are just mad we lose and as always, toughness is the security blanket.

If you listened to Valiquette tonight you would think Colton Orr was John Wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad