Post-Game Talk: caps @ rags 3:00PM 3/29/15 | Caps beat the refs and the rags. 5-2. 2 points

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I've read Rags' GDT. They don't like Yandle too :) Some of them already predicting fail. But that's another story.

@Mojo. Couple more games like this, +2 more goals (would be 20) and he's in 4,5M territory. We're ****ed.

Vladiator16*

Awesome win, we finally "overcame", the refs where atrocious, let 2 goals in the last 2 min of the first, but persevered and it paid off... Good for Chimmer, was hoping for Big Willy to pot one in...

I just wish people would stop predicting OV's hat tricks when he gets 2... I know we all want it and want to be the first to predict it, and i know it's stupid to be superstitious about it, and Yes it shouldn't matter, but... Just one fricking time don't do it and see what happens...

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Rangers are really going to regret that Yandle trade in the future. He's a very good player, propably top-20 D but just not the kind of guy you want to pay kings ransom to add for the playoffs. He's basically Mike Green and they paid very steep price to get him.

On top of all that, he doesn't have Green's reputation of terrible defense yet (atleast not all around the league) so he'll command a ton of money after next season, and i doubt the Rangers can afford to keep him.

Trainwreck all around.

I tried saying he was identical to Green in the Polls section right when he got traded and got hammered for it, lol.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sorry, i didnt get to see this game. How did backstrom and ovechkin look like without each other? Thanks

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
I've read Rags' GDT. They don't like Yandle too :) Some of them already predicting fail. But that's another story.

@Mojo. Couple more games like this, +2 more goals (would be 20) and he's in 4,5M territory. We're ****ed.

Not at all. At that price he waters down another team's roster.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Just watched the highlights. I had to do a doubletake on Chimmer's 2nd goal. Was that old Stone Hands, or someone else wearing #25?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Proud of the guys. A hard place to play and hard team to beat this season. Important two points and Ovy is the MVP imo.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Was the Wilson call today bunk / reputation?

It seemed like the camera may have missed a bit of the scrum.

I am fearing the worm has turned and that we may be lucky to go 4 on 4 going forward, not so many Willy crafted PPs.

Vladiator16*

Was the Wilson call today bunk / reputation?

It seemed like the camera may have missed a bit of the scrum.

I am fearing the worm has turned and that we may be lucky to go 4 on 4 going forward, not so many Willy crafted PPs.

Yes. almost on par with Parise BS

Vladiator16*

little scrum behind Talbot, 4-5 people giving each other face washes... Big Willy is the only guy going to the penalty box...

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Weird we finally try and split OV and backstrom and we start balling...

We try everything except that sometimes and it makes me wonder...why?

Anyways just when I'm ready to give up we play our **** off the second half of that game and pick up a huge, huge win.

Congrats boys. Maybe all the players who have been ****ing around for a month or more peak at the right time for once.

New plan:

1: Get in

2: Win

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
In reality, we gave up 2 goals on broken plays. That weren't some system fails. And we scored 5. Kind of unexpected. Btw, had some laughs first 10 pages of this thread :) No panic, no, at all :P

@Mojo again. If he can step up, has points to back himself up, and is young, disciplined, defensively responsible player with 1st PP and best in the world zone entry abilities... it will be tough to not expect him on the roster. I hope there is upgrade... but honestly we (all) agreed to trade another Mojo, not from the last game. This is another player.

Saturday it was Brouwer, then Chimera and Mojo stepping up. Ovechkin showed he's still here. Nice. Lets blow out Canes.

CGX gone cold (was that our candidate to subst Mojo?). I have no problem with it. He's 0,5 ppg player at best so it's normal.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Weird we finally try and split OV and backstrom and we start balling...

We try everything except that sometimes and it makes me wonder...why?

Kuznetsov has reached escape velocity. He is graduating. Up to that point the center options were Latta and Beagle and Fehr. None of which are playmakers.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Got through a good game against a tough opponent on the road with highly suspicious officiating (how was that not a hook on Niskanen on that 2nd Rangers goal? Wilson LOL? Why no embellishment on Yandle?)

Really turned it on in the 2nd half of the game.

Its good to see we outshot 2 100pt teams on back to backs.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wait - Trotz went

Oveckhin-Kuznetsov-Ward

Heads must have exploded here.

It's high time for Nick to at least try to anchor his own line. I am thrilled that Trotz did not wait until a playoff desperation moment, to start trying to sift through the ~3000 possible new line changes by separating them.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Wait - Trotz went

Oveckhin-Kuznetsov-Ward

Heads must have exploded here.

It's high time for Nick to at least try to anchor his own line. I am thrilled that Trotz did not wait until a playoff desperation moment, to start trying to sift through the ~3000 possible new line changes by separating them.

Kuznetsov and Ward combo is a good one. They had some chemistry last year once Kuz came over. Lets see how it goes. Ward has been struggling in the last half of the season.

I'm still skeptical about our defensive zone with Ovie+Kuz. Also Kuz isn't a great possession player (mainly due to his defensive awareness as a young player playing out of position)

I'm not thrilled about the Backstrom Brouwer combo either to be honest. I'd have to see the with/without stats but I could have sworn this was a poor combo.

Ideally we get Burakovsky with MJ. Those two played very well together.

It would be hard to move Brouwer down the lineup after a strong showing this weekend however.

Good to see life from guys like Laich, Chimmer, Brouwer, and Fehr. Need those guys to wake up.

Glencross could help by waking up instead of pressing the snooze buttom repeatedly.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Kuz looked great up top. Good fit with Ovie as expected. And Ward moved faster than I've seen him go in the last 2 years. Maybe a winner.

ryan519*

Rags fans absolutely ripping on mcdonagh in the gdt. I mean, if u guys dont want him..

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Rags fans absolutely ripping on mcdonagh in the gdt. I mean, if u guys dont want him..

Saw that, surprised me a bit.

They are doing the same to Rick Nash. A month or so ago, they were all saying how they'd rather have Rick Nash over Ovi (in the Ovi thread in main forum). :laugh:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Whipping boy.

Orpik was like that the last few years with Pens. Letang too.

Green and guys like MJ and Brouwer here.

Each team will always have a set of whipping boys. Fans get spoiled by what a certain player brings and then only look at his defeciencies over time.

ryan519*

Saw that, surprised me a bit.

They are doing the same to Rick Nash. A month or so ago, they were all saying how they'd rather have Rick Nash over Ovi (in the Ovi thread in main forum). :laugh:

Lmao, ridiculous.

Regarding the splitting of ovi and backstrom, i like it as well. I've been seeing this for a while where backstrom has tried to force feed ovi and it ruins a lot of good potential scoring chances. Way too predictable for defenders. Why has backy become so gunshy? He's got a lethal wrist shot but he hardly ever uses it. Maybe the splitting of them up will get him to shoot more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad