Post-Game Talk: caps @ rags 3:00PM 3/29/15 | Caps beat the refs and the rags. 5-2. 2 points

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I have no expectations, I just want some entertaining hockey to watch and I hope I won't have to wait for a 5pm game to see it. Oh, also an Ovi hat trick would be nice.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
3 bold predictions:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Johansson together, if not straight away then by the time game is half-way through.

Tom Wilson hits someone through the boards.

Rangers win and Caps goon it up late.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Talbot confirmed in net for NYR

Trotz to talk at 1pm but we may not know who's in net for the Caps until gametime...

Last edited:

Vladiator16*

No MSL today, my hope is the boys come ready today, 3-1 Caps... Big Willy, Chimmer, OV...:crossfing

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
I'm hoping for high scoring game. Somehow it's always easier to take a loss in that way.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Who else?
Is Peters going to backup 70 in the playoffs :amazed:

By now shouldn't we have had a Grubauer start?

Dont think peters is eligible to be sent down. But if we brought a third goalie up it would mean a rookie goes down, burakovsky/ Wilson. I think

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Dont think peters is eligible to be sent down. But if we brought a third goalie up it would mean a rookie goes down, burakovsky/ Wilson. I think
Didn't know that, hope you're incorrect ;)

As the TDL approached, the ppl I discuss the Caps with thought they need to find a better backup - for the reg season - or bring up Gruby to get some NHL play. If Gruby played well/ outperformed Peters, they might go w/Gruby.

Anything can happen in sports, but I see us as f' d if Holty slumps or gets hurt and we have to depend on Peters.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Didn't know that, hope you're incorrect ;)

As the TDL approached, the ppl I discuss the Caps with thought they need to find a better backup - for the reg season - or bring up Gruby to get some NHL play. If Gruby played well/ outperformed Peters, they might go w/Gruby.

Anything can happen in sports, but I see us as f' d if Holty slumps or gets hurt and we have to depend on Peters.

Well i definitely could be wrong. Im always unsure who has a one way/two way contract. But if holtby gets hurt Grubuaer is definitely coming up. When Grubuaer was called up this year im pretty sure we sent burakovsy down as he was able to go down and come up. I think peters would have to clear waivers ( And yes we all would love someone to claim him ) lol

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I'm just not optimistic about this team lately.

Carlson has been awful, our forwards are all loafing, Ovechkin is cold, Backstrom is turning pucks over, Glencross has been terrible, Ward is looking ahead to free agency, and now Holtby just **** the bed.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Well i definitely could be wrong. Im always unsure who has a one way/two way contract. But if holtby gets hurt Grubuaer is definitely coming up. When Grubuaer was called up this year im pretty sure we sent burakovsy down as he was able to go down and come up. I think peters would have to clear waivers ( And yes we all would love someone to claim him ) lol
Ok, I feel... better :o

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Its got to a point where its honestly up to the guys with sticks to decide what they want. They know trotz system, they know whats at stake, they know how to play well, they know how to play poorly. Will they get a needed 2 points and get back on track? Well see soon.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If Ovi does not throw a hit in the first period, that is my measuring stick for the team giving a full effort. If he doesn't, no other skill players will bother to either. He sets the bar, game by game.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wow. That's some Boudreau-level line-juggling.

I wouldn't have minded seeing GlenX on the top line again, he looked like he had some good chemistry, just awful awful nervous execution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad