Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs | Leafs win 3-2!

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Oh wait...Giguere has been playing the same way all along. Just has a better organized defensive zone system in front of him without Ron Wilson.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Oh You mean when that coach had a team in a playoff position?

Just give Burke some credit for once . Like holy **** man. YOU want to say you're objective. Well then step up and give some credit where it is due.

Nonis wanted Eakins and Burke Insisted on Carlyle. So good one for Burke .
Come on and say it. Burke did good.

Burke canned his coach and replaced him after the whole ACC cried for him to be fired.

Good job for leaving him in their two years too long???? :help:

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
I don't think Komarov actually makes contact with the puck, but what might have been more impressive (if it were intentional of course) is that komarovs foot seemed to protect the puck from the incoming swipe of the Washington players stick, allowing the pass to continue to frattins stick. Unfortunately it seems that komarovs real intention was the least spectacular one, it wasnt to redirect the puck onto frattins stick or to box the opposing players stick out to allow the pass to reach frattin, in actuality he seemed to be trying to direct the puck onto the net in a kicking fashion, and missed.

maybe he tried kicking it in
or maybe he turned his skate towards frattin like a soccer pass off his instep

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Don't avoid.

Admit Burke Did good by insisting on Carlylle.

If I trusted Brian Burke's coaching expertise for one second, Ron Wilson would not have been held on until the crowd booed him out of the building. It shouldn't have taken that long.

Based on how inept Burke was for years with his coaches (Francois Allaire - best goalie coach in the world, Ron Wilson - number one star)...based on the evidence at hand I would readily assume it was someone else's idea other than Burke to hire Randy Carlyle.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Leafs goalies haven't left to do great things either. Except maybe Giggy.

Toronto has been a black hole for players afterwards in their career except Hal Gill and Ian White who are respectable.

In fact, theres not a single damn player that is any good that has left our team and still played well.

Only on defence.

Steen? Stempniak? Colaiacovo? Antropov? Kubina?

Apr 1, 2010
If I trusted Brian Burke's coaching expertise for one second, Ron Wilson would not have been held on until the crowd booed him out of the building. It shouldn't have taken that long.

Based on how inept Burke was for years with his coaches (Francois Allaire - best goalie coach in the world, Ron Wilson - number one star)...based on the evidence at hand I would readily assume it was someone else's idea other than Burke to hire Randy Carlyle.

Again quite avoiding.

Carlyle was Burke's call and Burke did good.

Give Burke Credit.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Again quite avoiding.

Give Burke Credit.

After stubbornly holding on to one of the absolutely worst coaches for a rebuilding team like the Leafs, for close to 4 years...Brian Burke then woke up and started listening to what everyone else was saying...Wilson is a ****** coach.

He then fired him and showed everyone that he is not completely egotistical.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Again quite avoiding.

Give Burke Credit.

Assuming you are talking to who I believe you are talking to your best bet is to ignore "said person" it makes your HFBoards experience a tad bit more pleasing and filled with more open minded arguements ;)

Apr 1, 2010
After stubbornly holding on to one of the absolutely worst coaches for a rebuilding team like the Leafs, for close to 4 years...Brian Burke then woke up and started listening to what everyone else was saying...Wilson is a ****** coach.

He then fired him and showed everyone that he is not completely egotistical.

Quit avoiding and Give Burke credit for hiring Carlyle.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Oh wait...Giguere has been playing the same way all along. Just has a better organized defensive zone system in front of him without Ron Wilson.

Giguere put up the same save percentage with us as he did hte previous few years in anaheim.

And now he's a backup goalie in colorado, not a starting goalie - because he's not a starting goalie anymore.

Randy is a much better coach than Ronny was, but that doesn't mean anything to our goalie's save percentage.

Apr 1, 2010
Assuming you are talking to who I believe you are talking to your best bet is to ignore "said person" it makes your HFBoards experience a tad bit more pleasing and filled with more open minded arguements ;)
I guess every once in a while I like to bang my head against a wall.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I guess every once in a while I like to bang my head against a wall.

So did Lindros, don't be Lindros.:laugh: Maybe that should be a slogan on HFBoards.

Upon entering this social site please remember: The ignore button is like a hockey helmet, always helps to prevent a nasty concussion, whether phyical or self induced:laugh:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Giguere put up the same save percentage with us as he did hte previous few years in anaheim.

And now he's a backup goalie in colorado, not a starting goalie - because he's not a starting goalie anymore.

Randy is a much better coach than Ronny was, but that doesn't mean anything to our goalie's save percentage.

Of course it does. If a team is playing better defence there will be less scoring chances against the goalie and less goals and better goals against averages and saving percentages (less quality opportunities)

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Loved Kule's cele. He looked like this :laugh:

feelsgood.jpg

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I wish we could see some different personnel on the PP.

Something like:
Kessel - Kadri - JVR
Frattin/Liles - Phaneuf

would be pretty cool, but simply unrealistic.

TML g u n n e R s*

The ACC was pretty dead for a bit in the start but picked up and was a great one! Love going to the ACC and coming out with a fresh W!

we dominated that game all night long, reimer was there when he needed to be, thought grabo line and kessel,JVR were fantastic. LEO-Naz-Frat did their thing, that line has great potential. Kadri and frattin really work well together and leo is the guy digging for pucks banging bodies around, good fit. Kostka has to be removed of the PP, this will happen when gardiner is ready IMO.

ANYWAYS WE GOT THE W!!!! GOOOO LEAFS GOOO!!!!

**gunnarsson was player of the game IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad