Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs | Leafs win 3-2!

leafspring*

1.) Kostka's gotta get off the PP. He got an assist but otherwise he had an awful time on the other 6 trillion PPs tonight.

2.) Frat pack is using speed and skill to pressure the Capital defense. I was on the camp wanting to trade Kadri (not because of his play, but because I thought the Leafs ruined his confidence/development) but I'm really rooting for him every night now. I've always loved Frattin's game because he is a warrior. He really doesn't give a flying ***** who's in front of him. If he had more size he'd be a bonafide power forward. I think if you overcome adversity you tend to not take for granted anymore. I'm loving his energy and game. He's not without his flaws, he let Ribeiro out muscle him, granted Ribiero is a pretty good player.

That's it for my two cents. Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

I'm thinkin there is a delay in your post(today). No kiddin. Kostka with Fraser would be worth looking at. Gards called up,and put with Dion seems like something considering.

Kostka has been wearing mentally i think he needs to de-pressurize lol.

Syn3rgetic

Boats the Burn
Apr 10, 2010
Markham
I'm thinkin there is a delay in your post(today). No kiddin. Kostka with Fraser would be worth looking at. Gards called up,and put with Dion seems like something considering.

Kostka has been wearing mentally i think he needs to de-pressurize lol.

Mentally and physically. He's playing loose. I think the 30+ minutes is getting to his head. He REALLY thinks he's a #2D. Nothing against him, for what he's paid, he doing great, but I think the experiment is over and it's time to return to Earth.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Dion has to start hitting the net again - he's got a rocket, but what's use is it if you're constantly hitting the glass?

I agree Kostka has to be dropped down or off the PP - he has some patience with the puck, but you can see a lack of creativity out there.

The PP needs an overhaul - too many wasted 5-on-3 opportunities.

I'd like to see Liles up on the top unit. Gards on the second unit with Franson or Gunner.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Why didn't anyone engage Erskine after he flattened Kessel? Okay I know Ersk is a beast, and no one on the ice at the time probably wanted any part of him, but Orr could have obliged sometime later in the game.

I hear he has the flu, but we needed someone to step up - they just can't take runs at our elite players.

Yeah, we won, but it would have been nice to see someone answer the bell even if they got creamed.

Grabo ran him into the boards, granted it was mostly due to Erskine losing an edge.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thanks for this, ACC. For the pictures, unless you have some ancient phone, just connect the phone to your computer, open up imgur.com, upload the files and post the links.

bf3j1Sq.jpg

tGpdVDY.jpg

4c5N7QN.jpg

This is where I normally sit.

kVGUErb.jpg

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

I never get the appeal for those seats. Closest I've been was 1st row plats beside the penalty box. It was way back when the world cup of hockey was being hosted ... I think it was Slovakia vs. Russia.

Its cool to see guys like Chara and Ovie up close, to be able to hear whats going on the ice a little better, and to have the glass move right in front of you when theres a big hit.

But that whole thing wears off after 15 mins imo... eventually you just wish you were 10-12 rows up so you can see the whole ice.

Best seats in the house imo are last row lower bowl right a centre ice.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I never get the appeal for those seats. Closest I've been was 1st row plats beside the penalty box. It was way back when the world cup of hockey was being hosted ... I think it was Slovakia vs. Russia.

Its cool to see guys like Chara and Ovie up close, to be able to hear whats going on the ice a little better, and to have the glass move right in front of you when theres a big hit.

But that whole thing wears off after 15 mins imo... eventually you just wish you were 10-12 rows up so you can see the whole ice.

Best seats in the house imo are last row lower bowl right a centre ice.

Our feeling as well.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Orr went after him multiple times, and especially his first shift on, but Erksine wouldn't go him.

Specifically, on his first shift, the puck deflected into the screen and Orr had a nice hold on Erksines jersey trying to get him to answer, but Erskine wouldn't do it.

Orr has to learn he isn't politely asking for a partner at a dance. He should be the pain-giver and pay-backer. If not, he should get out of the business. He is not intimidating anyone if they can just say no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->