Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs | Leafs win 3-2!

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Here's something: Neuvirth and Reimer are both 2006 draft picks, with Neuvirth going in the 2nd round, 34th overall, and Reimer going in the 4th round, 99th overall. Kinda cool how that's worked out.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
Gunnarsson played very solid tonight. He is our most consistent D by far. Franson had a nifty spin-o-rama move there in the 2nd period totally deked the forechecker. It was perfected!

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Reporter: Congrats Dion on the win tonight

Dion: Huh huh huh thanks uh I thought we uh huh huh uh played a good uh game huh

Reporter: Any plans for after the game

Dion: Gonna go home and uh uh huh huh huh work on my slap uh shot with huh huh elisa

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Please take Kostka and Bozak off the powerplay. Bozak pissed me off this game so much. Every single time, he was looking to pass to Kessel or made a short pass to Kessel every chance he had. This made the plays predicable. Kostka just moves the puck way too slow on the powerplay and the PP is stationary.

he pisses me all the time,i`m sick to hear how good he and kessel are together,he`s just a 3rd line center that`s it...in games against good teams he always sucks...

Penalty Kill Icing*

One good thing is that at least Phaneuf got some shots actually on net. They weren't harmful, but if he can get them going, our PP will be better.

A huge problem with our PP is there is no intimidating shot from the point position.

Thanks Leafs for the early birthday present. :yo:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Reporter: Congrats Dion on the win tonight

Dion: Huh huh huh thanks uh I thought we uh huh huh uh played a good uh game huh

Reporter: Any plans for after the game

Dion: Gonna go home and uh uh huh huh huh work on my slap uh shot with huh huh elisa

You could replace Dion with any player's name and it still fits. Minus the Elisha part I guess.

MajorityRules*

Assuming you are talking to who I believe you are talking to your best bet is to ignore "said person" it makes your HFBoards experience a tad bit more pleasing and filled with more open minded arguements ;)

Most definitely :handclap:

MapleLeafGardens*

Capitals looked absolutely horrid last night Ovechkin looks disinterested and has nobody to play with. But this is Bettman's 30 team watered down POS league. I havn't bought an NHL ticket in years not even worth it.

No way that Caps team makes the playoffs.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Capitals looked absolutely horrid last night Ovechkin looks disinterested and has nobody to play with. But this is Bettman's 30 team watered down POS league. I havn't bought an NHL ticket in years not even worth it.

No way that Caps team makes the playoffs.

I agree, and salary cap floor will never let you completely tear down, like the Caps and Red Wings should be doing right now.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Of course it does. If a team is playing better defence there will be less scoring chances against the goalie and less goals and better goals against averages and saving percentages (less quality opportunities)

nope, that there be a myth.

Luongo's save percentage was just as good in Florida as in Vancouver.

Vokoun's save percentage has been the same wherever he's played.

All the goalies who sucked as Leafs' starters the past 7 years have also never been able to be starting goalies anywhere else since.

Good coaching can definitely impact the team's GAA, though. But GAA is a team stat, not a goalie stat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad