Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
They were usually used as drivers of there own lines, it made sense to not uses them together, no?
You’ve been drinking the Babcock Gatorade.

What do other teams do who have NO guys who can drive a line? They work together as a unit instead of watching one guy handle the puck and just go to the front of the net hoping for a tip-in.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There was no need to play them together, they were developing players, Mitch did well playing with veterans like JVR and Bozak. Babs has handled Mitch's development very well. ;)

yep, the one rule of coaching must be to never play your best players together, ever.

no need for it.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Leafs are going to make some treal add trades during the deadline y'all bes believe dat derehunter!!! Big tyme money y'all heard me! Invest some. But not on nylander.

We finna get some treal ass busas, like some forecheckas and twerkers big tyme money! We are going to get rid of some of the softer players and get some real dirters on the playoffs. It's a totally different game there, and we can't even win during regular season some tough games already neither :biglaugh: What's y'all gon thank happens in the playoffs? :biglaugh: If a dubas ain't gon make the lou trade, then he a loser. And stay that.

Reactions: al secord

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
yep, the one rule of coaching must be to never play your best players together, ever.

no need for it.
Lol, according to Babs philosophy Gretzky and Kurri should have never played together.

Hull and Oates? Forget it.

Why play Lafontaine and Mogilny together when you could separate them and have 2 balanced lines instead? My head hurts thinking about this

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Another big 2 points to take. Washington will be coming off of a back to back so hopefully we can get are legs moving faster than them and have a good showing

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

no need for it.

There was really no need for it, we were a rebuilding team developing our kids, we weren't a cup threat. Now that we signed Tavares and we are a threat, it makes sense to shuffle things around to kick start some players.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

no need for it.
Could be I'm not remembering but hasn't Matthews played with Nylander for most of his career? Isn't Nylander considered one of the best players?

Reactions: Trapper

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Another big 2 points to take. Washington will be coming off of a back to back so hopefully we can get are legs moving faster than them and have a good showing
It's imperative that the Leafs beat the Caps just before the Leafs go on their break.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
OV and Wilson are going to eat our D for dinner... and of course, we have no answer. Caps have lost 5 straight and were embarrassed yesterday.

This one could get ugly for the Leafs.

I wouldn't count on that, against the Bruins, they held Marchand and Bergeron off the scoreboard and against the Bolts, they limited Stamkos and Kucherov to one point each so it goes to show that they can do the right thing if we want to. What they have to learn again is how to friggin score goals. They should all go to Gary Roberts training as a team during their 8 days off.

It could get ugly for any of the teams, Washington is playing worst than the Leafs these days. Yeah, it sucked to lose to the Yotes but hey, they just recently beat the Sharks and pushed the Pens to OT.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Caps play against the sharks right before us, tuesday, so this game gon be ouers to take like big tyme twerk baby! We got it in th ebag already. Interesting to see whom plays against the sharks though, I'm thanking Holtby mayne. So we get Copley, who's better at the moment. Holtby got pulled yesterday like a real mother.
My bet is they rest up against the Sharks knowing they play us the next night.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
My bet is they rest up against the Sharks knowing they play us the next night.
So they gon like pop that pill and chillax on that there.? Now that some treal dirt right thurr. I'm thanking they gon play with the holt and still lose to the sharks. Then they gon lose to us, like big tyme as we score like some treal mothers on that thang.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There was really no need for it, we were a rebuilding team developing our kids, we weren't a cup threat. Now that we signed Tavares and we are a threat, it makes sense to shuffle things around to kick start some players.

isn't having a "rebuilding team developing our kids" exactly the best time to try everyone mixed and matched with each other and see what happens?

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
isn't having a "rebuilding team developing our kids" exactly the best time to try everyone mixed and matched with each other and see what happens?

Not really, our goal was to help Marner develop by playing him with a couple of veterans and not experimenting with the lineup. No need to put a developing 19-year old under pressure/stress and bounce him all over the lineup on a noncontending team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Not really, our goal was to help Marner develop by playing him with a couple of veterans and not experimenting with the lineup. No need to put a developing 19-year old under pressure/stress and bounce him all over the lineup on a noncontending team.

I would think that having a young noncontending team of all new young players is exactly when you should be experimenting and learning about your lineup.

Now we're here 3yrs later and we still don't have any idea what our 2 best forwards look like together, and they've had no opportunity to create any type of chemistry.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I would think that having a young noncontending team of all new young players is exactly when you should be experimenting and learning about your lineup.

Now we're here 3yrs later and we still don't have any idea what our 2 best forwards look like together, and they've had no opportunity to create any type of chemistry.

You want to make sure the kids become NHL players first ... They have been on the ice together in the past also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad