GDT: Caps @ Jets | Tues Oct 22 | MTS Centre | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Looks like the GDT is taking as long to come around as the vBookie listing.

but to the point...

I'm most interested in seeing if Wright actually sits for a game. Even after the stories from practice yesterday, I'd still be surprised. Maybe his consistently poor decision making with the puck has caught up to him.

Remember.....No talent but lots of effort gets you into Noel's good books.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
pfft! Well obviously!

Andrew Ladd at the big team meeting: "OK guys, we haven't been winning enough lately! Let's go out there and start winning some games! Is everybody with me??!!"

Team: "BOOYAHHHH!"

meeting adjourned.

You have to think that Ladd responds to all the criticism hurled his way over the past week re: leadership. I would expect a big game from him, but if not.......well then the writing may be on the wall for Mr. Noel.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
From RotoWire.com:

Ondrej Pavelec, Wpg - Pavelec will make his ninth start of the season against the Capitals on Tuesday, Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun reports.Breaking News Tue, Oct 22
Pavelec will make his ninth start of the season against the Capitals on Tuesday, Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun reports.
Spin: With a goals against average of 3.01 and a record of 3-5-0 on the year, coach Claude Noel is showing faith in his number one goaltender. Though the loyalty is commendable, Pavelec will need to start putting up wins and stopping more pucks soon, or the coach and the team may find themselves on the hot seat.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
From RotoWire.com:

Ondrej Pavelec, Wpg - Pavelec will make his ninth start of the season against the Capitals on Tuesday, Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun reports.

Spin: With a goals against average of 3.01 and a record of 3-5-0 on the year, coach Claude Noel is showing faith in his number one goaltender. Though the loyalty is commendable, Pavelec will need to start putting up wins and stopping more pucks soon, or the coach and the team may find themselves on the hot seat.

Doing the math... it looks like Montoya "might" get 8 games this year. :shakehead

Montoya needs to play ~20 games.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Doing the math... it looks like Montoya "might" get 8 games this year. :shakehead

Montoya needs to play ~20 games.

If pavelec doesnt play today he wont play for at least 4 days
Thats a bit excessive this early in the year IMO

My guess is Monty will play either Oct 26 (Dallas) or 27 (Colorado)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game Jets Audio

Ladd-and-Little-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Andrew Ladd - What's feeling today? Enough experience to set a proper tone? Are players aware of potential consequences to coach Noel? At times like this does he speak up more in the room? Motivation. What motivates him to face Capitals?

Mark Scheifele - Did dressing room get Claude's message? Directing energies in right way. Difficult going from a top team in OHL to a struggling squad in the NHL? Is he feeling pressure to get points? Found it challenging to play with a variety of players? The leadership on the Jets. More important to be a leader on ice than in room?

Zach Bogosian - Feeling alright? Clearing the air. Pressure to turn things around nine games into the season? Is there enough accountability in the room? Motivation. Facing the Capitals. Ovechkin talk.

Chris Thorburn - How close is he? First day back skating with the group? Tough to be away from the group? Bringing a positive attitude.

To listen click here.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
You know actually listening to the interview with Claude last night I couldn't help feeling sorry for him. (Yes I'm someone who thinks he doesn't fit in here.)

He sounded completely and utterly spent. Frustration, and lack of confidence spilled out of every answer he gave.

Highlights (lowlights) include:
- Can't bench players (not enough talent to fill the ice)
- Can't find a starting line up (who's playing well enough?)
- Can't get a guy to stand up and take charge on the ice (who is playing strong enough to hold others accountable?)

And you know what? This is the point the team plays with some friggin' effort from last year. We all have our interpretations of what he means in his enigmatic speeches but the bottom line is he sounds totally spent and dejected.

I wouldn't be surprised if we play with a ton of effort tonight.He may not know how on earth to motivate this team but I've noticed it's like the team can sense when he's completely fed up with their B.S.

We'll see if I'm wrong or not, but I've seen this movie before.

I agree.

Noel looked like the the spotter in Titanic watching the iceberg getting closer and knowing the ship will not avoid striking it.

I hoped the victory against St Louis after the Trouba injury would be a turning point for this team.

Instead, it would seem that all the victory over St Louis did was bleed the emotion out of them.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Let's see something Jets! I am always going to be watching and cheering for this team, but man, they need to start showing something.

Let's get a few wins together and see what happens....

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Now that I see Pavelec is starting I give us pretty much zero chance of winning.

He's going to get shredded by the Caps shooters. They know how to pull him right out of position and how to capitalize on his juicy rebounds.

Further proof that it's time for a new coach. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Pavelec not good on back to backs? Play him!

Pavelec porous against Washington? Play him!

Pavelec SUCKED last game, yet Montoya got a shutout in his last start? Hmmm, who will I play? Noel has totally jumped the shark for me now. I don't see this team winning consistently with him behind the bench.

Oh, and GO JETS GO! I hope Pav makes me look stupid tonight :laugh: (easy task)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Tough game to pick, Caps owned us last season. Not sure which Jets team or which fraction of the team shows up tonight.:help:

If Pavs on his game, top 6 are the good 6 and D play well we should win this.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Like many of us say here each game, win or lose, just play with urgency for 60 minutes. Give us 60 mins and I'm happy regardless of the outcome.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Noel-Oct-222013-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel - What he expects from the Capitals. What does he expect from his team? Helping players break cycle. Keeping out of the penalty box, not giving Capitals PP opportunities. Injury update (Stuart remains day to day, Thorburn's progress). Will Tangradi be a player? (Funny response). Power play outage.

To listen click here.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I see a few familiar posters have put their vCash on the Caps. Leaves no doubt we will have a big win. GO JETS GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad