GDT: Caps @ Jets | Tues Oct 22 | MTS Centre | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thought I'd fire up a Pre-game thread - time to put that last stinker behind us.

Aela: you're on deck for the GDT!

Looking forward to seeing yet another line shuffling - again, this COULD be interesting:

Ladd - Little - Seto (good hustle, some grit, and scoring)
Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler (some speed here, with one shooter and two playmakers that can also shoot - I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this)

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Okay, I'm gonna see my dad the day after tomorrow. He's a Caps fan. I'd REALLY like to be able to rub it in his face that we beat them, especially since this will probably be the last time in a while that I see him.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Give me hope!
I want to win, but once again I find myself just asking for a complete effort.
I think this is the crux of the problem for this team. No long are fans demanding wins, we're demanding intensity, effort and commitment.

I want to see players that care.
I want to see 12 Evander Kanes, and six Zach Bogosians.
Those two show up, every game. Have they been great every game? No. But when I watch them at least I can tell they care.

I don't like James Wright as a player. I don't think he's good enough at hockey. But at least I know he's trying. If Wheeler, or Setoguchi gave the effort James did, we'd be a very good team.

I don't care what the lines are, I don't care about chemistry. This team needs to show some pride.
I don't care of Noel has lost the room, go out and play for yourself. Winners aren't content with being embarrassed on their home ice. If these players can't give a full effort, we need to scrap this team.
If we lose because our dump and chase game doesn't work, okay. At least we're losing because of systems, there is no excuse for losing because of effort.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I think this game comes down to special teams. If the Jets take 4+ minor penalties, they will lose. Neither team is great defensively or great 5on5.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Washington's power play is horrifyingly good.

Gotta be careful on the penalties.

Wright with a Hat Trick. :sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler (some speed here, with one shooter and two playmakers that can also shoot - I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this)

This line also has size to go with the speed. Do you take away Kane's speed? Or Wheeler's? Scheif might get lots of free space on a line like this. Kane and Wheeler had a fantastic game centered by Joki against the Caps (the one we won) early last year.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
jSHqjgi.jpg

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
This line also has size to go with the speed. Do you take away Kane's speed? Or Wheeler's? Scheif might get lots of free space on a line like this. Kane and Wheeler had a fantastic game centered by Joki against the Caps (the one we won) early last year.

Sure they're big.. Unfortunately Scheif and Wheels may as well be 5 feet tall each right now, with the way they're using their bodies. :sarcasm:

Would like to see us come out and give a darn tomorrow night. Go :jets go!!

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I will have my vCash riding on a complete team effort and a big win by the Jets.

Of course that means on Thursday against Nashville the boys will be too busy spreading their shoulders and patting themselves on the back to make it happen twice in a row :sarcasm:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Go Jets Go! Extract a measure of vengeance for the Caps embarrassing you in front of your home crowd (including a certain very sensible guy on the second night of the double header) and kick Cap ass!!!

All in with my insignificant little mound of digi-$

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
going to the game tonight with a bunch of people from out of town.

We owe the Caps for last year.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Kick some butt tonight, please. Every last player needs to show up with their "A" game.

If all the Jets had Kane's compete level, we'd be planning the parade route now.

Edit: I went to bet on the Jets and the game isn't up yet - WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad