Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jackets Episode III: Revenge of the Holtbeast 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Come on, where do you find these "haters"? These days, when I look at other teams' GDTs, I mostly see respect for Ovi that few players get...

He basically got to the stage where he is a recognized legend and many/most people want to see him get a deserved Cup.

As far bitter fans of rival teams and various crazies, you are not gonna convince them of anything with facts, anyway.

Don't be fooled, they're out there lurking, waiting for his game to drop off. I 100% guarantee that.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is there one player -- outside of Laich -- that isn't playing up to or exceeding expectations? The lack of passengers on this team is impressive. Everyone has a role and everyone performs that role well. Credit that to GMBM for constructing the roster and HCBT for fostering that kind of environment.

Neither Latta nor Galiev have stepped up enough to firmly seize open positions on the 4th line.
Burakovsky has been hot lately, but was disappointing for most of the season so far.
I do want more ES production out of Oshie, but I wouldn't really call him a disappointment.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Don't be fooled, they're out there lurking, waiting for his game to drop off. I 100% guarantee that.

You got that right! There will always be an excuse for Caps/Ovie and why they suck, even if we win the cup and ovie scores 500 goals, they'll have an excuse on why we/he didn't deserve it and belittle the accomplishment.

"Ovie had an elite center"

"Ovie played in the east and a weak division"

"Caps played weak opponents"

"Caps only have 1 cup (or none) and we have 2 back 30 years ago so ha"

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
its common for players in general, but high dollar/long term ufa signings to have some struggle in their first season with their new teams. Orpik clearly didn't, but I seem to recall that Niskanen was big in the playoffs last season. His regular season was somewhat uneven to the untrained eye(me), but iirc he was often the Caps minutes leader and I doubt that would have happened with any regularity if the coaching staff wasn't happy with his play.

I just think that with Carlson out, we are paying more attention

bWo*

idk if this has been posted yet, but heres the bura goal where kuzy opens a shooting lane for him
ObeseSeveralHerring.gif

Jun 15, 2007
Could that be called for interference or nah?

55.1 Hooking - Hooking is the act of using the stick in a manner that enables a player to restrain an opponent.
When a player is checking another in such a way that there is only stick-to-stick contact, such action is not to be penalized as hooking.

I actually think it's a penalty everywhere else though.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
players lift-check and jockey off the puck all the time. Kuz just took it to the next level

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
One of the things that impress me the most about this play is that he knew in advance Bura was going to shoot and at which angle. Kuzy angled himself and the Dman's stick so that nothing would interfere with Bura's wrister.

It's not that he knew where Bura would shoot, so much as he provided a lane for Bura to shoot in. Bura obviously then selected to shoot in that lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad