Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Golden Knights, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Perron came off the bench as a 6th man 100%. CSN talking about it now saying 81 was not listed on the ice, on the official game log. Of course he was laying on the ice feigning injury.

The beauty of it, was that as soon as Perron stepped onto the ice to save the day, Ovi DESTROYED him. I hope someone else just saw the same segment.

Perron should have been suspended. Bench minor for TMM we should have gotten a power play since they decided to review it all. Of course they missed the most obvious calls.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Anyone else watching Capitals Gameday Live and see the bench view of Perron coming on the ice. He looked at Ovechkin twice and looked at the red twice then jumped on just in front of OV. Clear intent there.

Yep. Glad Ovie hit him! Then their bench got all up in arms like dummies drawing attention to the fact that they just broke a crucial rule

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
This old curmudgeon remembers the days when humidity and heat got so bad that fog would form and they’d stop the game and have the players all skate around the ice like a open skating session to get rid of it.

This happened in actual NHL games? Man, I'm 39 but feel like I've grown up in quite a pampered existence. Never had to witness anything like that, or do my taxes by hand. I'll get off your lawn now sir

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
This happened in actual NHL games? Man, I'm 39 but feel like I've grown up in quite a pampered existence. Never had to witness anything like that, or do my taxes by hand. I'll get off your lawn now sir

Yep. I’m pretty sure I’m those series in the Garden. But then again I’m old and the memory gets jumbled

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Yep. I’m pretty sure I’m those series in the Garden. But then again I’m old and the memory gets jumbled
Yep. But I kinda think we shouldn’t point to the ‘70s and ‘80s on this topic. The tech is way better today and Vegas shouldn’t be let off the hook. They wanted an NHL team, they ought to be obligated to provide at least AHL quality ice.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I saw Vegas was all over him in the D-zone, especially behind the goal. He didn't cause any issues the last game, bu they were faster than him to the puck resulting in the O-zone pressure. Only thing he could do fast dump the puck, so not transition game from him and fast get away from the D-zone.

I thought Djoos struggled far more. Djoos needs to use his mobility more, because he coughs up the puck all the time in close quarters due to the size of the Knights' depth forwards.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
What were Caps games like in the 1970s with the bad ice?

That was before my time but they never made the playoffs! In the 80s they never went too deep.

I played a few games before Caps took the ice in the 90s there.,.it was hot as all hell with those lights and the ice was far softer than Mount Vernon and Fairfax ice arena!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Game hasn’t even started and I already have a bad feeling about it. Then again I’m a negative person and I’m still bitter about flying to Vegas for game 1 and seeing that shit show.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
League owes us a game as far as I am concerned.
That game better be tonight.

If they area going to double team the puck carrier then stretch them out a bit. Gap control in game one was poor. Way too much space.

Go Caps.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We played like shit.

If Ovi is being shadowed by Schmidt, I want to see him overpower him. Go straight through him to the net. Gill his ass.

If we don't score an early goal I want to see the hits start.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone else watching Capitals Gameday Live and see the bench view of Perron coming on the ice. He looked at Ovechkin twice and looked at the ref twice then jumped on just in front of OV. Clear intent there.

I see @RandyHolt is...

Yep and Ovi pretty much helicoptered him. Had a Cap then jumped off the bench to counter Perron, oh say Tom Wilson, he'd be GUARANTEED suspended.

The Reaves goal is proof the refs were told not to call anything except boards maybe? and they are just not used to it. The refs need to let teams get away with more in the RS and stop being so f***ing ticky tacky when in the end they won't make those same calls.

We are not used to SCF officiating and neither are the officials.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
What is the over/under on blatant penalties that cost us a goal/goal being scored on us?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think the refs have been told to call it very tight tonight. If we get a lame duck call on us early on my laptop is getting it's durability tested.

Yeah Vegas needs to ditch those 4 huge torches being used right before puck drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad