Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t think I have ever seen a single person “rave” about Siegenthaler.

Rave? He is a legit quality NHL penalty killer which is rare for his experience level. As he develops he could be a real difference maker. He was already by handling the level of SHTOI that he did last season. Rave? No. Give him away for nothing? He's an NHL player

Edit: Fehervary is only going to play if a left d gets picked by Seattle. Meaning Dillon. This Seigenthaler thing leads me to believe Chara returns

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Rave? He is a legit quality NHL penalty killer which is rare for his experience level. As he develops he could be a real difference maker. He was already by handling the level of SHTOI that he did last season. Rave? No. Give him away for nothing? He's an NHL player

Edit: Fehervary is only going to play if a left d gets picked by Seattle. Meaning Dillon. This Seigenthaler thing leads me to believe Chara returns
I don't know where you got any of that from my post, I was simply calling out Melkor for exaggerating what this board thought about Siegenthaler.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm more inclined to think GMBM will make a trade now with the move by the Islanders and knowing this team is about to be a rebuild soon.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
So this is the guy most of the board had been raving about for a couple of years after the draft how he's gonna be a big piece of their future D core and a replacement for Alzner. Right. Where in the world is Fehervary by the way? Would be interested in the betting line for him going out next year for a similar price.

It's HF where many poster embellish their prospects. Everyone, including me hope we get a home run with every 1st rounder and that the later rounds become Martin St. Louis types. He's defensively sound and blocks shots and that is what most fans should expect from Siegs. Fehervary is where he should be with fine tuning his skills in the AHL and ready to help the next generation of Caps teams or part of a big splash trade acquisition. Siegs seemed to me to progress as the season went on last year, however was a whipping boy for most posters early on despite his rookie status then.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Any chance we could be in on Foligno? Friedman saying multiple teams have offered a fist round pick to Columbus for him, and he seems like the PKing, third line winger who can play center that GMBM might like?

(Not advocating for it, just thinking through GMBM logic)

Edit: that extra minute I took double checking the spelling of Columbus... seems like I was along the right tracks, then.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

well ok then

f***ing brutal..
Any chance we could be in on Foligno? Friedman saying multiple teams have offered a fist round pick to Columbus for him, and he seems like the PKing, third line winger who can play center that GMBM might like?

(Not advocating for it, just thinking through GMBM logic)

Edit: that extra minute I took double checking the spelling of Columbus... seems like I was along the right tracks, then.
Anytime I see "PK" in an argument for a player it drives me nuts. How the hell you're a GM of this team and think to yourself "Yeah PK is what this teams lacks to win a championship". This is getting stupid holy shit..
It's HF where many poster embellish their prospects. Everyone, including me hope we get a home run with every 1st rounder and that the later rounds become Martin St. Louis types. He's defensively sound and blocks shots and that is what most fans should expect from Siegs. Fehervary is where he should be with fine tuning his skills in the AHL and ready to help the next generation of Caps teams or part of a big splash trade acquisition. Siegs seemed to me to progress as the season went on last year, however was a whipping boy for most posters early on despite his rookie status then.
Next generation of Caps teams isn't going anywhere with that prospect pipeline they have. Fehervary is already what? 21-22? If he's any good I expect him at that age at least to have a spot on the 3rd pairing. Again - if he's any good. If the player isn't near the the regular lineup 3 years since the draft it raises questions about his actual ability.

Last edited:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, if GMBM goes out and Foligno is his big get I'mma start questioning his thought process. Maybe it's more Lavi, because that doesn't seem like a GMBM move.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Foligno hasn't scored 20 goals since 2017. Having to include Panik may trigger parting with the first for a certain class of asset but....that's not it. Good player, an upgrade over Sheary I guess, but doubtful a needle mover. It shows they intend to be aggressive I guess.

Reactions: fniss and Misery74

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
  • 33 years old
  • Hasn’t played a full season since 2011-2012
  • Has been above 50% on faceoffs just one season in his career
  • 40 or more points three times in his career, typically around 30-35 a season
  • 22 points in 51 playoff appearances

I’m not saying he’s bad, or wouldn’t have some value, but I’m not sure in what way he fits a team need to the extent we’d reportedly pay a first round pick?

Has a single forward GMBM has traded for mid-season worked out? Eller and Oshie were off-season trades, Hagelin has had value but not in many of the ways GMBM sought at the time, Sprong didn’t make the lineup until the following season, Kovalchuk’s out of the league, I’m really struggling to think of anyone else?

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
  • 33 years old
  • Hasn’t played a full season since 2011-2012
  • Has been above 50% on faceoffs just one season in his career
  • 40 or more points three times in his career, typically around 30-35 a season
  • 22 points in 51 playoff appearances
I’m not saying he’s bad, or wouldn’t have some value, but I’m not sure in what way he fits a team need to the extent we’d reportedly pay a first round pick?

Has a single forward GMBM has traded for mid-season worked out? Eller and Oshie were off-season trades, Hagelin has had value but not in many of the ways GMBM sought at the time, Sprong didn’t make the lineup until the following season, Kovalchuk’s out of the league, I’m really struggling to think of anyone else?
How dare you forget the pride of Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Curtis Glencross.

Reactions: HecticGlow

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Deslauries to Pitt

Like that for them. Don't like that for them as a Caps fan
Kind of depends on who that displaces from their lineup. It adds a Burke element but if it's Zohorna that's an offensive downgrade. Just a fourth-liner in any event so...meh. As far as head-to-head goes a little more spice is welcome.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Not into advanced metrics at all but seems like them and the eye test are in sync on this one. He's washed bad..

I agree, although I’m always a little suspicious of judging any of a player’s stats (advanced or not) when they’ve played under Torts for so long.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Laughton would be a good piece to add. Seems to kill the Caps as well.

I'd hope MacLellan is beating the bushes outside of the traditional rental category. If they're all-in then they can just fix whatever cap issues are created in the off-season. Panik needs to go in any deal involving the addition of a cap hit over $3.75M I believe but I wouldn't let expansion or being forced into off-season trades stop them. It could even trigger a strong restructuring if played right. All-in should mean a lot more than just hunting veteran rentals.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Kind of depends on who that displaces from their lineup. It adds a Burke element but if it's Zohorna that's an offensive downgrade. Just a fourth-liner in any event so...meh. As far as head-to-head goes a little more spice is welcome.
Is Zohorna...a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad