Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He heats it then presses and moulds it to his finger. I dont think its flat after the moulding.

I don't think he's molding it to his finger. He's pressing pretty hard and not favoring any finger. Looks to me like he's heating something on one side of a flat-ish object and then pressing it down with the lighter after testing the back side for heat.

Someone ask him, dammit!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think he's molding it to his finger. He's pressing pretty hard and not favoring any finger. Looks to me like he's heating something on one side of a flat-ish object and then pressing it down with the lighter after testing the back side for heat.

Someone ask him, dammit!

My take is that it cant be an injury. The NHL doesnt admit injury much less show their star player preparing protection for an injury.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
2 points.

1. If the Caps could create the cap space, do they have a hole in the lineup a trade deadline move could close? I suppose a more sure thing for the Sheary/Sprong spot maybe? What do you think?

2. If Z wants to come back for next season, I am cool with that. He has exceeded any expectation that I had and he really fits the team

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Sep 19, 2008

To be fair they are still winning without missing a beat without Wilson. It was dirty how they did Wilson but the team moved on. It isn't the first time too, they moved on fine with Kuzy and Ovechkin out with protocols. I don't know what this means for the future but I do like the depth on this team.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Pierre LeBrun thinks that the Caps should go after Rittich:

LeBrun: Trade fits these 6 contenders should explore ahead of NHL deadline

David Rittich to the Washington Capitals

The sense I get out of Washington is that the next few weeks will be important to get a better feel for Ilya Samsonov and where he is with his game. In the big picture, I think there’s confidence in thinking he’s their No. 1 guy for years to come. But is that level of consistency going to be there this season? The Caps are all-in and the window to win is tight. So it’s why I think if there’s still any doubt at all closer to April 12 they go out and bring in some insurance in goal. And what better fit than Rittich, who is a pending UFA. The Caps have almost zero cap room so they’d need the Flames to eat at least half of Rittich’s $2.75 million cap hit. And it goes without saying that Rittich would only be available one presumes if the Flames under new coach Darryl Sutter haven’t made a run back into the playoff picture. But all things being equal, I like this fit for Washington.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

The sense I get out of Washington is that the next few weeks will be important to get a better feel for Ilya Samsonov and where he is with his game. In the big picture, I think there’s confidence in thinking he’s their No. 1 guy for years to come. But is that level of consistency going to be there this season? The Caps are all-in and the window to win is tight. So it’s why I think if there’s still any doubt at all closer to April 12 they go out and bring in some insurance in goal. And what better fit than Rittich, who is a pending UFA. The Caps have almost zero cap room so they’d need the Flames to eat at least half of Rittich’s $2.75 million cap hit. And it goes without saying that Rittich would only be available one presumes if the Flames under new coach Darryl Sutter haven’t made a run back into the playoff picture. But all things being equal, I like this fit for Washington.
Hard pass let the kids play

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Explain the value there, Pierre? The guy's stats are no better than Vanecek and he has one relief appearance in the playoffs on his sheet.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

To be fair they are still winning without missing a beat without Wilson. It was dirty how they did Wilson but the team moved on. It isn't the first time too, they moved on fine with Kuzy and Ovechkin out with protocols. I don't know what this means for the future but I do like the depth on this team.

The nutty thing here is, they have tons of room to improve, especially the dreaded 3 goal lead thing.

If this team lacks anything right now, its a killer instinct. Ironic for a team that uses Cobra Kai for its post game reward.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You get back on the ice in the same amount of time. Point is the appeal process is too slow to get you back faster.

But hones, they need to rework the entire DoPs process. Right now it's absurd and arbitrary.

Do I remember right that Wilson's appeal of the big suspension resulted in his suspension being reduced to fewer games than he had already missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad