Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Regular Season Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
For a bit of fun since this board is the no fun board :P:

Caps Halloween 2021

T.J. Oshie and his wife Lauren did their best Regina George and her mom in 'Mean Girls'

cut.png

Ilya Samsonov, Evgeny Kuznetsov and their wives went as characters from the hit Korean Netflix show 'Squid Games'

cut.png

Tom Wilson and his fiancée Taylor went as characters from the movie 'The Replacements'

cut.png

Nic Dowd and wife Paige as Megan and Air Marshall John from the hilarious movie 'Bridesmaids'

cut.png

Dmitry Orlov and wife Varvara went as King and Queen of Sparta

cut.png

Nick Jensen and wife Jenner dressed up in their best WWE attire as Ric Flair and Macho Man Randy Savage

cut.png

Trevor van Riemsdyk and his wife Annie along with their dog Dwight dressed as a scarecrow, farmer and a cow

cut.png

Justin Schultz and wife Jillian did a great cosplay of Moira and Johnny Rose from 'Schitts Creek'

cut.png

Vitek Vanecek and his fiancée Kristýna went as boxers

cut.png

Martin Fehervary and his girlfriend went as a wizard and witch and Connor McMichael and his girlfriend went as nerds

cut.png

Conor Sheary and wife Jordan dressed as the TikTok famous twins The Island Boys

cut.png

Hendrix Lapierre dressed as his namesake, Jimi Hendrix

cut.png

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
May dress....

Under NHL rules, an 18 or 19 year-old prospect may dress in up to nine NHL games at age 18 or 19 before it triggers the player’s entry-level contract for the full duration of the season.
Playoffs do not count correct?

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Vanny is goal tonight. Will be interesting to see what the lineups look like. I am hoping to see Sheary-Protas-Leason as 4th (sheltered line). Jimi to popcorn as his possession stats are not good.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I admit, I liked Nick Jensen's costume the best. Going as Macho Man "Randy" Savage totally fits his new on-ice persona and gravitas.

91ea194357153b5a0349b673b7c7cee1.gif

Reactions: Hivemind

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Posted this in the GDT but it’ll get locked soon so reposting here. After last night’s performance, Vanecek has a .906 save percentage on the year. Save percentages for his last three outings: .885, .880, .765; all losses for Washington.

He’s a nice backup and spot starter but Vanecek is not good enough to be this team’s #1. They need Sammy to figure it out or they need to make a trade.

I hope BMac is calling the Kings about Quick. He’s got one more year after this one at a $5.8M cap hit which is doable with retention and some salary going back. No idea if he’s available but Quick has been the best player on an injured and bad Kings team and they shouldn’t be spending another year hoping these guys figure it out.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Posted this in the GDT but it’ll get locked soon so reposting here. After last night’s performance, Vanecek has a .906 save percentage on the year. Save percentages for his last three outings: .885, .880, .765; all losses for Washington.

He’s a nice backup and spot starter but Vanecek is not good enough to be this team’s #1. They need Sammy to figure it out or they need to make a trade.

I hope BMac is calling the Kings about Quick. He’s got one more year after this one at a $5.8M cap hit which is doable with retention and some salary going back. No idea if he’s available but Quick has been the best player on an injured and bad Kings team and they shouldn’t be spending another year hoping these guys figure it out.

I'm no goalie expert and don't claim as such, but is it the goalies or is it Scott Murray? He's entering his 5th season here now, and I don't remember any goalie doing well under him. Even Holtby is having a little renaissance at the end of last year (edit: I thought I read that Holtby played somewhat decent sometime last year but I guess the numbers don't really check out now that I look at it) and so far this year. I have no idea, but the numbers for all goalies haven't been all that great here.

Maybe we do need a vet goalie that is playing well now to come here that doesn't need to be worked on by Murray, who has no prior history of success.

Last edited:

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

I don’t know if Quick is the answer, but I was surprised VV got the start last night. Sammy was coming off a shutout. Granted, against the awful Coyotes, but a shutout nonetheless.

Sammy should be playing these tougher games, to see if we do need to look elsewhere. But if you win a game, you should keep playing.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

That .885 from last night is .923 if not for that goal on the 2-man advantage.

What about his first 3 games?

upload_2021-11-2_9-10-37.png

The only really bad game was CGY and that was the matinee where everyone looked flat in the 1st, and VV was pulled.

Too soon to be throwing dirt on him. He's faced tougher matchups this year than Sammy who is .904 on the year:

upload_2021-11-2_9-15-12.png

Maybe VV is only a backup, who knows. But I'm not shitting on the guy yet.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Regarding Quick:
upload_2021-11-2_9-18-19.png

He's .908 right now, 35 yrs old, and hasn't had a really good season since the Caps won the Cup. Is he an upgrade over VV or Sammy?

Reactions: tenken00

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Vanecek's even strenth SV% is .933. I couldnt find his regulation SV% I would guess that is in the same neighborhood. Take the 2 overtimes off his sheet and he looks just fine. We have all seen how awful the team has looked 3 on 3, so lets not dump that result in Vanecek's lap. He had the one game where he gave up 3 and got pulled. I dont know anyone here that didnt think the team in front of him wasn't stinking up the show that day.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t know if Quick is the answer, but I was surprised VV got the start last night. Sammy was coming off a shutout. Granted, against the awful Coyotes, but a shutout nonetheless.

Sammy should be playing these tougher games, to see if we do need to look elsewhere. But if you win a game, you should keep playing.

Sammy should be playing to see if we need to look elsewhere. You mean that we know that Vanecek isnt up to it? Ok.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Why is Mantha on PP2? Fantasy question lol,
You can show me the door if this is out of line
Much love.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We lost a one goal game against the 2x defending champs in their barn, outmanned and outshot.

The goalie situation needs to play out naturally still IMO. No reason VV should be under assault by the fans today IMO.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad