Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Regular Season Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Wow, it turns out that working hard sometimes actually pays off. Who knew?

Happy to see Kuzy smiling and laughing. This is the Kuzy we ALL needed.

In that presser, Lavi said that when he came up to Kuzy on the bench after that brutal turnover and short handed goal, Kuzy turned to him and said, "I'm going to get that one back." And he did. Damn.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
In that presser, Lavi said that when he came up to Kuzy on the bench after that brutal turnover and short handed goal, Kuzy turned to him and said, "I'm going to get that one back." And he did. Damn.

Yeah, in Kuzy's presser that I linked in the other thread, Kuz talked about how important it was to have the coaches trust, how after he makes a mistake they don't say anything to him, because he knows what he did wrong, and it's important that they know he'll make up for it, that they trust him. It was a really candid few lines in his post game.

Sounds like he and Lavi have it all sorted out now, perhaps something he never achieved with TR.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I know we often say Tom Wilson broke the Rangers, but every team is now afraid and making bad lineup decisions because of it. Rangers played Tinordi and Reaves against us. Tinordi got burned by Oshie/Lapierre. Macdermid played for the Avs last night as a 7D and Mantha finds himself all alone in front of Kuemper for a tap in as Macdermid watches from 10 ft away. And Mason Geertsen is likely to be in tomorrow for the Devils... Very well then!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
NHL Network after the Caps Colorado game their analytics guy Mike Kelly said, "Before the season I didnt hear a lot of people talking about the Caps as a real front runner cup contender. The way they have looked this season you have to put them in the mix early."

They are going to have to play more to expectations if they want to get that bubble team vibe back.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
NHL Network after the Caps Colorado game their analytics guy Mike Kelly said, "Before the season I didnt hear a lot of people talking about the Caps as a real front runner cup contender. The way they have looked this season you have to put them in the mix early."

They are going to have to play more to expectations if they want to get that bubble team vibe back.
Puck Daddy said this same thing on NHL Radio yesterday.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Didn’t we all want to trade Kuz for a six pack of Molson and Zamboni driver Just this preseason

yep (although I think only a very small minority((not me)) wanted him traded regardless of return), it’s also been 3 games.

All anyone ever wanted is for him to get his shit together and play up to his ability. He does that and nobody needs to complain or gloat.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
yep (although I think only a very small minority((not me)) wanted him traded regardless of return), it’s also been 3 games.

All anyone ever wanted is for him to get his shit together and play up to his ability. He does that and nobody needs to complain or gloat.

Um, all we ever do is complain or gloat. And occasionally discuss fancy stats.

:naughty:

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Didn’t we all want to trade Kuz for a six pack of Molson and Zamboni driver Just this preseason

I think its fair to say there were a lot of "IFs" that went along with that trade conversation. Nobody wanted to trade this Kuzy and said so at the time. Last season's Kuzy is the one that they dont want anymore.

oh....who wanted to trade him in the preseason when it was known Backstrom was out??

Last edited:
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Don't worry, those people will show up again during his first 3 game point drought of the season.

It's cute that you think it's just about 3 games.

And are conveniently forgetting the press-driven trade rumors from early summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: txpd

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We are seasoned vets. We dont need any warmup to start gloating, doom and glooming and tradeeverybodying. Just give us a real reason!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We are seasoned vets. We dont need any warmup to start gloating, doom and glooming and tradeeverybodying. Just give us a real reason!

I am I wrong or didnt we have a run on how bad the GM and the coaching is? I mean beyond Forsythe, where wanting him fired is required to join the group.

Reactions: Calicaps

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Hope everyone's happy with 1st 3 games, hardly anything to complain about

Great starts for Kuzy/OV/Oshie/Dowd line/Defense/Vanecek/Sammy/Fever/GAA/Forecheck/Effort/Skating

Not bad at all :banana:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Right now, all the question marks have checks next to them. Mantha playing well. Fever has been great. Sprong has looked spy. Jensen still looks good post Chara rehab. And goalies look strong.

Now we have to figure out a way to be more fresh / rested when playoffs come around. Seen this movie of fast starts with flameout before. Hoping we have learned. For now though, this is fun!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Regarding the Mantha - Eller - Sprong line, the other Olds around here will remember that many years ago, Mike Knuble practically begged one of those coaches that squandered Ovie's early years, BB or Oates or somebody, to stop shuffling lines every 30 seconds to let some chemistry develop. Some line combos click right away. Some never do. But others take time to learn each other. If the past 2 games are any indication, our second line may be of this third variety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad