Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2020 Offseason Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
He’s out til 2022 probably. You don’t hear about a lot of Achilles injuries for hockey players because of the boot. It’s a big issue for basketball players, obviously (and increasing in frequency).

hopefully the skate allows a faster healing time. Maybe back for start of 21-22 season, but I wouldn’t count on it.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but for any fellow Canadian Caps fans looking for the new reverse retro jerseys, Pro Hockey Life stocked them today: https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/washington-capitals-jerseys

Only have blanks ($200 CAD) and Ovi ($250) available for sale. I picked up a large, and a rep at the store said that once they sell out of them, they won't be getting more in stock due to being a limited release.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah this season through call-ups and next season after training camp was supposed to be Malenstyn's timeline for knocking on the door into the NHL. This injury is devastating to his career. Hoping for a speedy recovery, but even after fully healing, it takes a long time to rehab to full strength, if ever. The Achilles is the strongest ligament in the body for a reason.

Edit: Actually nevermind.. I was just reading comments from others and realized that this is the last year on his contract (RFA).. This might be goodbye by the time he recovers...

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Sounds like the demand for these is sky high. Personally I think they look silly and I won't buy one but this is good I guess?

They look really good in person and I'm glad I got one, even though I felt similarly to you when I first saw it online. There's an awesome sweatshirt I got as well that mimics the jersey design.

I don't understand the Rangers demand as I think those are some of the worst jerseys that were put out. Surprised the Kings aren't up there, those things are amazing.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
EozUZf9XYAMLFGl

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is division only play. yes? Imagine a season without a single Caps v Penguins game

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
An Ovi vs Crosby SCF would be great.

But without any Caps vs Pens game in the regular season, the motivation level for the Caps will drop. In the past years it seems like Pens is the only team that the Caps prepare themselves mentally to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad