Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 6: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What the Departure of Reid Cashman Means for the Capitals

Seems like a good possibility, particularly given his familiarity with Fehervary/Alexeyev. Boudreau was mentioned but that seems pretty remote. Bob Woods might be a more likely reunion but he may once again follow Bruce wherever he lands.
Boudreau seems like an odd fit, and would lead to Rierden looking over his shoulder. I'm not opposed to former head coaches as assistant coaches, but Bruce's connection to this team kinda rules that out (plus he's got the resume to get another head coaching job anyway).

Reactions: Corby78

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
2017 playoffs vs the Leafs are on NBC today. Man was that roster stacked.

Watching this knowing what happened in 2018 the 2nd line of Mojo Kuz Williams line really held back Kuzys Magic.

And how the hell did we play Karl Alzner with no groin over Nate Schmidt.

Fire Trotz!

Last edited:

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Listening to 31 Thoughts, it seems Montour hasn't worked out in Buffalo? (What has, amirite?)

That's a dude I'd like the Caps to ask about, if true.

Montour is intriguing. He could fill a need for the Caps. I think he needs the right type of partner to be truly effective, but the Caps have several LD that could fit.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How little did we know at that time that we would feel more than a decade worth of pain and heartbreak and then sudden exhilaration.

Eh, I don't know that I'd describe it like that. A decade of pain is like what the Sabres have been experiencing. The Capitals have been a model franchise for the last decade but struggled obviously to get over the hump. Still, they've been entirely entertaining for most of the past 13 years at this point which is really all you can ask for as a fan... the Cup win was just icing on the cake.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Eh, I don't know that I'd describe it like that. A decade of pain is like what the Sabres have been experiencing. The Capitals have been a model franchise for the last decade but struggled obviously to get over the hump. Still, they've been entirely entertaining for most of the past 13 years at this point which is really all you can ask for as a fan... the Cup win was just icing on the cake.

Nah, the Capitals' case is heartbreak. Like getting your heart broken over and over painfully by your one true love.

The Sabres' case is more like being an incel (involuntary celibate). Just lonely, bitter and depressed lol...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad