Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 5: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
The 4th line might not be producing points but all the stats I've read seem to indicate that they're pretty due. I wouldn't break that line up, I can easily see them getting hot in the playoffs, their style works, it's just unlucky at the moment.
I like the 4th line. I like both leipsic and hathaway. Dowd is okey. Panik has been disappointing though. Need to upgrade on him. It hurts that we are playing badly lately, while the main board is gloating about Pitts and a possibility of another cup for them.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I like the 4th line. I like both leipsic and hathaway. Dowd is okey. Panik has been disappointing though. Need to upgrade on him. It hurts that we are playing badly lately, while the main board is gloating about Pitts and a possibility of another cup for them.

Thornton for the 4th/3rd line please

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I flipped over to college basketball to watch my team squander a lead, now I'm watching the XFL. The Caps are a gateway to bad decisions

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I was surprised that his stats aren't pure hot trash. I would take a stab at it as long as we're looking only losing mid-round picks.

Why? Dude is only 40 and he's an all time player. Plus his style was always big savvy glacier with an aimbot for tape.

Hell take Marleau too. Hagelin Eller Boyd/Marleau Thornton Hathaway

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
How about we get a complementary player with top-6 ability and move Panik to 4LW?

Ovi-Kuzy-?/Oshie
Vrana-NB-Oshie/?
Hagelin-Eller-Wilson
Panik-Dowd-Hathaway

Is that JGP guy able to handle that kind of load?

Or maybe even

8-92-77 (OZ deployment)
62-19-43 (matchup line)
13-20-X (main weapon)
14-26-21

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
That's nuts

He offers a lot more than Dowd.

3rd if there's chemistry for it/one of the top 3cs is banged up.

I figured 2018 would have salted away your those who never won a cup will never win a cup belief for good but maybe not

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Cant be worse at the moment. But why BB when you can have more experienced coach who proved to be a winner?

Who? Lavy and who? I posted this elsewhere. Ted hiring a coach currently under contract elsewhere would be out of character. It wont happen. MacLellan coaching is more likely

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He offers a lot more than Dowd.

3rd if there's chemistry for it/one of the top 3cs is banged up.

I figured 2018 would have salted away your those who never won a cup will never win a cup belief for good but maybe not

Like what? He doesn't offer any of the things that Dowd is hired to do. He sure as hell isn't as good as any of the other 3.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Like what? He doesn't offer any of the things that Dowd is hired to do. He sure as hell isn't as good as any of the other 3.

Dowd barely offers any of the things Dowd was hired to do.

He's good on face-offs, PK, puck protection, springing a pass and keeping the room light.

Also I imagine he has more to offer on a contender then the hellish cluster f*** he's been playing on this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad