Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 4: 2020, Act II, Scene II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Also, I have a hard time believing Caps will qualify LuJo on a one-way contract, especially with the organizational logjam at LD. I’d look for him to get packaged before or after the TDL.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
2021 2nd+LuJo+ Jensen for Wood.

Think that’d move the needle enough for NJ, or they’d need another pick, better pick, or better prospect?

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Crazy idea but I would try to trade both Kempny and Jensen. I would try to trade for Manson and Kase from Anaheim or Manson and Sheary. I could see Anaheim or Buffalo being interested in at least one of Kempny/Jensen as well.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Crazy idea but I would try to trade both Kempny and Jensen. I would try to trade for Manson and Kase from Anaheim or Manson and Sheary. I could see Anaheim or Buffalo being interested in at least one of Kempny/Jensen as well.

Remaking a third of the team with 23 games to go, that does not seem incredibly smart.

Reactions: McVechkin

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Remaking a third of the team with 23 games to go, that does not seem incredibly smart.
It would be 3 players but yes I realize it’s pretty unrealistic. I just don’t like the idea of a 6/9 pairing or Siege sitting.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Pens easily took care of the Leafs 5-2 and now lead the Metro with a game in hand on us.
The penguins can win the metro all they want, we’ve won it 4 years in a row. It’ll be a dog fight till the end. Hopefully the acquisition of Dillon and them losing first place really wakes them up. Dillon/Ovechkin/Wilson/Hathaway/Gudas is going to be fun to watch against the Pens the next few games. I can already see the posters crying about us being dirty lmao

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
What about Mike Hoffman? There were rumblings that Florida is listening to offers and they need D help which is a good match for us.

I say f*** it. Kreider or Hoffman. Let’s go!!!

Reactions: McVechkin

illpucks

May 26, 2011
What about Mike Hoffman? There were rumblings that Florida is listening to offers and they need D help which is a good match for us.

I say **** it. Kreider or Hoffman. Let’s go!!!

Should also trade for Karlsson then just for fun.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The penguins can win the metro all they want, we’ve won it 4 years in a row. It’ll be a dog fight till the end. Hopefully the acquisition of Dillon and them losing first place really wakes them up. Dillon/Ovechkin/Wilson/Hathaway/Gudas is going to be fun to watch against the Pens the next few games. I can already see the posters crying about us being dirty lmao

Hopefully Ovi can have multi assist nights vs MTL and NJD. And then get 699 and 700 vs the Pens.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Kovalchuk over Kreider any day, dude is far more likely to actually put the puck in the net in the playoffs. All of Kreider's "poundage" has amounted to f*** all over the years.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
There is no way we get Kreider. The price will be steep, especially with the in-division and salary retained. IMHO not worth it. With that being said, I really wanna another run at the cup. 2018 was so much fun!

illpucks

May 26, 2011
There is no way we get Kreider. The price will be steep, especially with the in-division and salary retained. IMHO not worth it. With that being said, I really wanna another run at the cup. 2018 was so much fun!

The key to getting Kreider is we already have Hagelin.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I don't know why people seriously talk about getting kreider. There's no way that out of all teams rangers would choose the capitals as a partner for that trade. Stop it. Also a 1st+ for a guy who most definitely gonna walk after the season is a pretty desperate move. Those assets could easily be spent after the season for a legit right defenseman.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I don't know why people seriously talk about getting kreider. There's no way that out of all teams rangers would choose the capitals as a partner for that trade. Stop it. Also a 1st+ for a guy who most definitely gonna walk after the season is a pretty desperate move. Those assets could easily be spent after the season for a legit right defenseman.
Yeah but if we can offload Jensen and a couple of picks and get BOTH Hagelin AND Kovalchuk, then it's almost a guaranteed cup run (not a guaranteed cup but a guaranteed solid chance at it).

Then if they both walk there's still a solid chance at a repeat cup run performance (not cup but cup run) next season with McMichael. Backstrom-Kuzy-Eller-McMichael is one of most solid top to bottom in league if not most.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
If Dillon is extended GMBM can trade RFA Siege next summer (before ED). To get either middle-6 F or right handed D.

Just another interesting option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad