Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 4: 2020, Act II, Scene II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Semin could be signed out of KHL I guess. Cant be worse than Bura :P

Honestly, Green acquisition blocks the potential 2RD upgrade. Its kinda the white flag. So Im against it.

If nothing works then sure, change them at the last hour.
why would we need to update 2RD? Orlov is just fine

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
At this point I'll take

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Kempny/Djoos
Siege-Gudas
Or some variation of it over Jensen

So if Green doesnt work and Caps flame out, its not on Green

But the Jensen's contract will be gone, so its better than nothing

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
when was the last time Kuz played a substantial amount of game at wing? why is moving him to wing becoming a thing in here? am I missing something? ha

Come on....it was with the Chelyabinsk Oil Kings...he was 12.......but it’s just like riding a bike! (Totally made that up)

Reactions: McVechkin

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
AHL watchers: any highly drafted and similarly struggling FWD prospect we could trade LuJo for?
Nick Merkley was traded to NJ and seems to be doing well with his change of scenery. He could have been a solid target early in the season before the Taylor Hall deal. Gauthier would have been another one to target from Carolina before they made their deal this week with the NYR.

Zach Senyshyn has only gotten cups of coffee with Boston and is a big RWer who could use a change of scenery. Also dealt with some injury issues. 2015 1st rounder where Boston had three picks in a row. Jeremy Bracco if Toronto decides to move on from him. Great AHL numbers but no room for him on Toronto's roster. Janne Kuokkanen in Carolina has 11 NHL games to his name and decent AHL numbers. Another guy caught in a forward logjam. Riley Tufte is having a bad rookie AHL season. Same draft year as LuJo. Big bodied LWer drafted a few spots ahead of him. Aleksi Heponiemi isn't playing well in the AHL for Springfield. 2nd rounder who put up big junior numbers in Swift Current.

Lias Anderson would be another one they could approach the Rangers about. Jonathan Dahlen was traded to SJ last year and went back to Europe and has had a monster year in the Allsvenskan league for Timra.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
The annual 'Let's trade for Mike Green' menstrual cycle is upon us, I see. Comes with feelings of melancholy, stomach cramps and unexplainable desire to make your hockey team worse.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
That lineup reeks of ‘top and bottom pair sorted, leave Jensen on second for now whilst we figure out a trade’ hopefully.

also from Sam:

Dillon, on how he fits with the Caps: "Hopefully I can fit right in. For me, I love to play, just the skating, physical, move the pucks ... However they need to piece me in. I play both sides, left side, right side. Whatever situation I get thrown into, I'll be really excited."

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just a thought, would the Leafs have interest in trading for Jensen? I see that Ceci and Rielly are on LTIR for them and they also have an age 19 and age 20 d-men on ELC. Jensen might actually help them playing in their top 4. If they are close to giving Muzzin an extension, then I don't think they will be able to re-sign Barrie.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Nick Merkley was traded to NJ and seems to be doing well with his change of scenery. He could have been a solid target early in the season before the Taylor Hall deal. Gauthier would have been another one to target from Carolina before they made their deal this week with the NYR.

Zach Senyshyn has only gotten cups of coffee with Boston and is a big RWer who could use a change of scenery. Also dealt with some injury issues. 2015 1st rounder where Boston had three picks in a row. Jeremy Bracco if Toronto decides to move on from him. Great AHL numbers but no room for him on Toronto's roster. Janne Kuokkanen in Carolina has 11 NHL games to his name and decent AHL numbers. Another guy caught in a forward logjam. Riley Tufte is having a bad rookie AHL season. Same draft year as LuJo. Big bodied LWer drafted a few spots ahead of him. Aleksi Heponiemi isn't playing well in the AHL for Springfield. 2nd rounder who put up big junior numbers in Swift Current.

Lias Anderson would be another one they could approach the Rangers about. Jonathan Dahlen was traded to SJ last year and went back to Europe and has had a monster year in the Allsvenskan league for Timra.
Thanks! Of all the options, which one would make the most sense to you? Appreciate your insight, as always!

Reactions: hb12xchamps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
As much as I dislike Green, I dislike Jensen more. I know what I'm getting in Green if he's healthy. I give him a few games and he's hurt with the Caps. Just how it goes. I'm with RH on this one, however I won't compare this to Erat. Jensen has to get out of town.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
As I stated, I wasn’t advocating for any one particular line.
If you have neigh pick carriers, you may not need a retriever. Things don’t need to be so set in their ways. Caps 3rd line in the cup run was Conno-Eller-Bura. Who was the retriever there?

we could see:
Ovy - Backstrom - Wilson
Vrana - Eller - Kuz
Panik/Hags - Pageau - Oshie
Panik/Hags - Dowd - Hathaway

there are SO many options. I know you like to people into slots. I think by looking at the trade for Dillon, GMBM is saying “screw slots, I just want the best players, and then we can figure it out”

NHL players have played all over the place in their careers. I think we all seriously overblow the whole “LW and only LW” or “C and only C” or “RD and only RD” stuff.

we judge BMac on his words and actions. He says the team needs to be better. He says he wants to add wherever he can. He just did it w Dillon. He will do it again at F, IMO

This and he should be doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad