Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 4: 2020, Act II, Scene I

Status
Not open for further replies.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Now you are trashing a top prospect? That makes zero sense. :skeptic:

Where does this irrational hatred come from? Did some Danish person beat you up when you were a kid? Did you get fired from Bang and Olufsen? Perhaps a ex-partner was Danish?
Man, I am not trashing anyone nor CMM. Please, read attentively. I was saying that CMM scores lots of points despite playing with two guys that have much less points. He is good defensively, he has a good shot, he plays center, he projects as 2C/3C, he scores important goals (WJC), he is not so big. He is similar to Eller. A better version for sure.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Man, I am not trashing anyone nor CMM. Please, read attentively. I was saying that CMM scores lots of points despite playing with two guys that have much less points. He is good defensively, he has a good shot, he plays center, he projects as 2C/3C, he scores important goals (WJC), he is not so big. He is similar to Eller. A better version for sure.

A better version? That shall remain to be seen.

He has done nothing in the NHL, to date.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Eller’s response to this nonsense:
DearKnobbyCockerspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
in 2019/20 Connoly scored 12 goals with Trocheck in 450 minutes >>>>>>>> than 18 goals in 735 minutes with Lars.

How about Burakovsky? :sarcasm:
Hold on a second. I’m just gonna use your numbers here:
12G/450min = 1G/37.5min
18G/735min = 1G/40.8m

so one every 37.5 is really >>>>>>>>>>> than one every 40.8??

come on, man. Go grind that axe somewhere else. This is bordering on maniacally silly.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So, about five and a half weeks until the trade deadline. Who are some worthwhile targets?

I still like Marleau for 3W due to his low cap hit. He's on the downswing but still has more in the tank than what they've got IMO. Upgrading at RD seems less likely barring a swap. They could add their token D depth vet but it would be kind of pointless compared to Djoos/Fehervary IMO. Barring getting more looks at some of the Hershey depth forward options I'd wager they target cheap scoring depth as it's probably the easiest upgrade to make.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So, about five and a half weeks until the trade deadline. Who are some worthwhile targets?

I still like Marleau for 3W due to his low cap hit. He's on the downswing but still has more in the tank than what they've got IMO. Upgrading at RD seems less likely barring a swap. They could add their token D depth vet but it would be kind of pointless compared to Djoos/Fehervary IMO. Barring getting more looks at some of the Hershey depth forward options I'd wager they target cheap scoring depth as it's probably the easiest upgrade to make.
Quick glance at Cap Friendly at UFA Wingers:
Mike Hoffman
Tyler Toffoli
Vlad Namestnikov
Zack Kassian
Melker Karlsson
Jesper Fast
Sam Gagner
Mikkel Boedker
Brian Boyle
Wayne Simmonds
Austin Czarnik
Illya Kovalchuk :naughty:

Obviously a lot of these guys would need retention to fit them under the cap.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Dylan Demelo really strikes me as a good potential add at RD, assuming neither Jensen nor Gudas take a hold of the 2RD spot. I have no idea what Demelo's acquisition cost might be but he only sports a $900k cap hit so that shouldn't be an issue. He's playing 20 minutes a night in Ottawa getting decent QoC and still maintains a 58% xGF playing mainly beside Mark Borowiecki.

He also lacks the traditional counting stats that make a defender expensive, like Shattenkirk was.

But man does he drive the play at 5v5:

upload_2020-1-16_11-54-40.png

Jun 15, 2007
https://i.redd.it/nkarxfv4r5b41.png

https://i.redd.it/t7kgo9oqq5b41.png

Neither The Athletic nor Moneypuck are high on our chances to win the cup.

Not 100% sure why but I suspect it's because it tends to regard shooting percentage purely as a function of where and what type and what angle the shot goes towards the net at, neglecting the Caps tendencies to make cross ice passes that force goalies to move laterally.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
https://i.redd.it/nkarxfv4r5b41.png

https://i.redd.it/t7kgo9oqq5b41.png

Neither The Athletic nor Moneypuck are high on our chances to win the cup.

Not 100% sure why but I suspect it's because it tends to regard shooting percentage purely as a function of where and what type and what angle the shot goes towards the net at, neglecting the Caps tendencies to make cross ice passes that force goalies to move laterally.
If your model gives Tampa a 20% to win the Cup right now your model is garbage. I prefer @ineffectivemath's model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad