Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 4: 2020, Act II, Scene I

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I don't think the viz is that bad but you aren't even reading it correctly so maybe it really does stink. Orlov has been better without Jensen than with him.

The 9 in the red square is Orlov without Jensen, and the 9 in the black square is Orlov with Jensen. The red square is closer to "Good" than the black square is.
If a statistical visualization has to be explained and/or figured out, it's terrible. You're better off just presenting the raw numbers. It's like the old rule of thumb for a good powerpoint slide--if the reader can't tell the gist in 5 seconds, get rid of it and start over.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
TR working MF in perfectly. I think he prefers the right side to be honest but makes sense to ease him in with Gudas. Wouldn’t be surprised if he slots into 2RD next game with Jenson sitting and Siegs back with Gudas.

Enough time to find out if he’s a deadline acquisition or whether we need to look outside

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Maybe its just me but to me orlov is the worst playing defender right now. Seems to always be turning puck over

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
TR working MF in perfectly. I think he prefers the right side to be honest but makes sense to ease him in with Gudas. Wouldn’t be surprised if he slots into 2RD next game with Jenson sitting and Siegs back with Gudas.

Enough time to find out if he’s a deadline acquisition or whether we need to look outside

I only saw the 3rd, but CSN was saying that Fever was playing on both the left and right side tonight?

And that it didnt matter what side he was on, his speed got him to close out fast and was in people's faces all night long? Bumping, disrupting, agitating. Alan May and Rob Carlin were highly impressed, especially May.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I only saw the 3rd, but CSN was saying that Fever was playing on both the left and right side tonight?

And that it didnt matter what side he was on, his speed got him to close out fast and was in people's faces all night long? Bumping, disrupting, agitating. Alan May and Rob Carlin were highly impressed, especially May.

IDK, Fever wasnt much visible most of the time. May said that his skating is so good that he can stay in your face at all times which is rare. That is the factor helping him on the weak side.

If that is really the case they should trade Jensen for RD rental and make Fever permanent RD next season.

In DZ I think Fever was a little lost in the beginning (much more than Siege) but his passing is.. has purpose (unlike Siege's who just throw it to the glass most of the time).

As an Orlov's partner Fever should fit with his skills.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
IDK, Fever wasnt much visible most of the time. May said that his skating is so good that he can stay in your face at all times which is rare. That is the factor helping him on the weak side.

If that is really the case they should trade Jensen for RD rental and make Fever permanent RD next season.

In DZ I think Fever was a little lost in the beginning (much more than Siege) but his passing is.. has purpose (unlike Siege's who just throw it to the glass most of the time).

As an Orlov's partner Fever should fit with his skills.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. That he might be the possible 2RD we've been searching for. If his skating ability indeed allows him to negate any weaknesses on his offside, this could work, even if it's just temporarily for this pivotal season.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
So sounds like the Caps are still not sure yet on Samsonov's injury status. The fact that he received a heavy OV shot to the chin of his mask leads me to believe Samsonov didn't pass the concussion testing. If he did then he would have backed up Holtby against the Kings.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's really not. It's a terrible visualization.
How so? The axes are clearly labeled. The colors are clearly labeled in the legend. The broad interpretations are labeled in each corner. It’s a great way to get some really dense data into a single plot in an understandable fashion. It’s not a cartoonishly simple thing like a HERO chart, but it provides a greater fidelity of data regarding matchups in a concise fashion. Not everything needs to be big bold crayola graphs to be a good visualization. Boxes in the top right are best. See how things move closer or further from it based on different pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad