Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would be interested to see Orlov's PPP/PPTOI and compare his production to all our PP1 guns, and other teams D PP1 and 2

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I would be interested to see Orlov's PPP/PPTOI and compare his production to all our PP1 guns, and other teams D PP1 and 2

It would be interesting to see what Orlov's production would look like in a power play configured to use his skill set. In the Bondra days it was a left to right power play. Oates passing to Gonchar. Gonchar option to shoot or pass and Bondra with the big one timer. In that kind of PP it would be interesting to what he could do. That, however is never going to happen with Ovechkin on the team.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
If there’s one thing about first time coaches, they need time to learn and improve on the job. With support. He is is no danger imo.

I thought the commentators nailed it today. So many loosy goosy turnovers every game. They really need to play the percentages better

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Mind boggling post to read after a 1-0 loss.

This place is the worst

Whats mind boggling about it? I am not criticizing anyone. I am just reading the demeanor of the guy in his post game presser. I defended his coaching. I am just saying he didn't look right.

smd333

May 2, 2012
I really don't want to throw gasoline on a fire, but I just saw Reirden's post game presser. He looks a lot like a guy on the hot seat. Makes you wonder.
so what do you see here, because I don't see what you see

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
so what do you see here, because I don't see what you see

He seemed uncomfortable. He is someone that usually seems very confident. Not here. Might be that we know that MacLellan has called him to task in public and that he may not have been comfortable with benching players and having to defend doing it.

Maybe its just my own experience showing thru. Managing performers and being told to change the way I did things by upper management and my comfort level dealing with decisions that were not really my own.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ya. There's no hotseat. Reirden was BMAC'S preferred guy all along. No way he doesn't get the whole season and more.

Might be a hot seat of his own making. I am probably making too much of it but I think he is starting to feel the stress of things not going well and time growing short. Maybe its not getting canned that he fears, just the embarrassment of failure.

How many here were slamming his coaching yesterday? His boss "tweaked him" in public. Surely in private there has been some of the same.

Fired? Probably not. Dealing with new levels of stress? Certainly

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Well, he wants to a good job, and win, yes? Team has lost 8 of 9. He’s in a very public job and is now behind “last years coach” in the standings...,and last years coaches team was supposed to suck balls.

So...I’m sure he’s feeling pressure. I felt pressure for him just typing that, LOL

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
TR is known as an Xs and Os guy. I'm sure he's seen the problems with motivating this club during the long season while working for Trotz, but he's never been the guy who's had to deal with it. Not ultimately.

Trotz struggled with this his entire tenure. If TR figures it out in year 1 he's a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad