Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think Kuzy passeed Ovie as the Caps' best player at some point in the playoffs (probably the Pittsburgh goal).

He always showed periodic dominance. He now is consistently dominant. He just drives the play when he's on the ice and is unplayable most of the time.

Really want to see he and Vrana together in OT. What a skating clinic that would be.

I thought Kuzy was at least in a tie with OV for the Conn Smythe. It is encouraging to know the Caps could transition from one allworld player (OV) to another (Kuzy).

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Zack Fisch(Bears radio guy) said he heard from both Caps and Bears people that Lewington was probably going to be the Caps guy if Orpik didn't return. Tells me how important Washington thinks that 3rd pairing tough guy role is.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Zack Fisch(Bears radio guy) said he heard from both Caps and Bears people that Lewington was probably going to be the Caps guy if Orpik didn't return. Tells me how important Washington thinks that 3rd pairing tough guy role is.
That kind if surprises me. Lewington is a physical player but Im not sure he has the tools to play in the NHL. Especially with the game being more about speed.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The Pens had the toughest schedule in the league last season. No whining allowed.
Are you talking about the back to back games. I think the long layoffs are tougher than back to backs. However if you play a high tempo game you might run out if gas. I'd try to slow things down and play a defensive system in the back to backs. Maybe give your 4th line a few more shifts than normal and also make a couple roster changes for the 2nd game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

BMac is a product of McPhee after all. I am not surprised to hear that, as its been a pattern for more than a decade if not 4. Seeing the devils punk ass Miles Wood jump Ovi will be the type of thing BM should expect without a thumper in the lineup. I want to see Lew or Liam in for the next NJ game.

I love the toughness.... but I realize the irony that we didn't have one on D last year, and won the cup.

I think its obvious Ovi is our goon now. You saw how quick he dropped the mits. Um yeah, we don't want that.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
And they lost all 3 of them

Turns out hockey is harder under less than optimal conditions. ;)

I wish I was smarter and could create a program that showed results for back to backs for say, the last five years, I always find this stuff interesting because points are so important so just giving up two of them on back to backs seems like it is a huge deal.

DgUEK5YXcAATRym.jpg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Turns out hockey is harder under less than optimal conditions. ;)

I wish I was smarter and could create a program that showed results for back to backs for say, the last five years, I always find this stuff interesting because points are so important so just giving up two of them on back to backs seems like it is a huge deal.

DgUEK5YXcAATRym.jpg

This is not the whole story (2017-2018 below...would like to see this years)

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I'm sorry but I'm done with Bura. I know the sample size is small this year, but with a few good bubble players in Hershey we can draw from I just don't think he's justifying his jersey.

I think it's time to ship him out for as high a draft pick as possible and maybe a throw in that would help Hershey stabilise their season.

With a target on our back every game we can't afford people not pulling in the same direction .Vrana has shown that he knows that, Bura hasnt.

I'd take a deal that have us something around Eller/Mojo's return.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm sorry but I'm done with Bura. I know the sample size is small this year, but with a few good bubble players in Hershey we can draw from I just don't think he's justifying his jersey.

I think it's time to ship him out for as high a draft pick as possible and maybe a throw in that would help Hershey stabilise their season.

With a target on our back every game we can't afford people not pulling in the same direction .Vrana has shown that he knows that, Bura hasnt.

I'd take a deal that have us something around Eller/Mojo's return.

I tend to agree with this. Burakovsky's game hasn't evolved since he got here 4 years ago as a rookie.

Reactions: maacoshark

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Random Tom Wilson thought I'm not sure was covered
Since he has the worst contract in the league by many views can we leave him unprotected in Seattle expansion draft. Could that have been a thought in the process, overpay a little and make him unappealing.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Since he has the worst contract in the league by many views can we leave him unprotected in Seattle expansion draft. Could that have been a thought in the process, overpay a little and make him unappealing.

With Wilson basically unable to play hockey anymore because the next time he brushes up against someone he is getting 41 games, there isn't a team in the NHL that would touch him. Especially a new team trying to promote the game in their town.

Last edited:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Most of us can't wait until he gets back and you want to give him away for free to the Seattle Snakes? :skeptic:

Reactions: shtorm2005

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Don't overthink it. GMBM paid him what he thought he needed to secure the entire prime of his career in DC. GMBM wanted long term, Willy wanted to be a UFA soon to land a big payday. They compromised. Not much more to it that that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad