Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Mr. Gone traded himself to Buffalo for a couple of HFBoard poster prospects, one of which is projecting as a future moderator. He was wise to trade himself before he walked for nothing.
What’s the scouting report? Moder, troller, or lurker?

Reactions: calicapsfan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
There is a maximum allowable AAV of 20% of the cap, or $15.9M this season. In Y1 of Ovechkin's contract, his AAV was 16.8% of the cap. McDavid's Y1 will be 15.7%.
What site do you use to find old salary caps?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Me? I wont argue with you. I know where my i-button is.
Good riddance
Let's just look at the bold part.

You obv dismiss shooting (accuracy, power, ability to get it off in traffic, ability to shoot between defenders legs on the rush, ability to tip in mid air, etc etc....basically any of that). Ovechkin has terrific on ice vision (isnt that a skill, too?), and knows where players are almost at all times. He's a terrific passer, but that also get dismissed.

Again, you want a stick handler. That to you, is the ultimate skill. Many of us would not agree with you.
Shooting ability and goal-scoring I consider as things of same nature tho not the same completely. Everything else - I didnt say Ovechkin is dumb or cant pass. I said Panarin on another level on those aspects. Also Panarin plays without centers while Ovi plays with two elite centers. Thats a gigantic differense but the gap in points almost non existent.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Panarin would fit in well with teams like the Isles or other struggle eastern teams...

Jun 15, 2007
Can't remember his actual screen name, but he was very typing-impaired so we all figured he was wearing hockey gloves or something... thus gloves.

Are we talking about the Varlamov super fan? He was called gloves because had From Russia With Glove or something as his usertitle/username didn't he?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Jesus. It’s 4am and I just read the worst most ridiculous last few pages in this thread. Wtf.

Our Captain, first ballot HOF, greatest scorer in history, face of the game for over a decade just led us to our first cup in franchise history and won best player of the tournament. :laugh:

There is no universe where panarin has more skill than Ovi. He may choose to dangle where Ovi chooses to shoot or make a power move but that says nothing. It’s just a player using his better attributes to approach a play in the best way that suits him.

I feel ridiculous even responding.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus. It’s 4am and I just read the worst most ridiculous last few pages in this thread. Wtf.

Our Captain, first ballot HOF, greatest scorer in history, face of the game for over a decade just led us to our first cup in franchise history and won best player of the tournament. :laugh:

There is no universe where panarin has more skill than Ovi. He may choose to dangle where Ovi chooses to shoot or make a power move but that says nothing. It’s just a player using his better attributes to approach a play in the best way that suits him.

I feel ridiculous even responding.

Nothing good happens after 3am!

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Kane and Anisimov. And? I guess Panarin proved he's capable of carrying whole mediocre team without respectable forwards right to the playoffs and winning games there.
Kane is a better offensive player than anyone Ovechkin has ever played with. If Panarin's so superior a passer and driver of possession, where were the huge numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad