Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wasn't he sent down to Hershey?

But a kid sitting was not the plan for the year. And that is what we are talking about now, the start of the year - basically the projected number of games for Orpik. Some say he will be a regular. When is the last time we started a year with a kid as a 7, and he remained so for the majority of the year.

I am taking the under on RS games for Orpik.

Consider this. The Caps will want to start strong to defend against cup hangover. They have a new coach that can't really afford for the team to stumble coming out of the gate.

Bowey is going to have to bring it in order to play instead of Orpik.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Consider this. The Caps will want to start strong to defend against cup hangover. They have a new coach that can't really afford for the team to stumble coming out of the gate.

Bowey is going to have to bring it in order to play instead of Orpik.

Tough year to be a new HC, especially one for a team that brought back almost the entire roster.

If they stumble then it's either going to be "why did he change so much on a team that just won a cup?" Or "why did he change nothing and expect teams not to adapt? Trying to coast off the last guy"

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What if Orpik is the same Orpik he was last fall.

I kinda call bunk, regardless. I think they are going to give games to Bowey and let him cut his teeth, exactly as they did a year ago (which resulted in a cup). 50+ games.

I doubt they have given up on him and plan for him to be a 7 only.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What if Orpik is the same Orpik he was last fall.

I kinda call bunk, regardless. I think they are going to give games to Bowey and let him cut his teeth, exactly as they did a year ago (which resulted in a cup). 50+ games.

I doubt they have given up on him and plan for him to be a 7 only.

They gave him plenty of games last year without scratching Orpik. Which I expect to be the case this year.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->