GDT: Caps @ Flyers - 11/01/13 7 PM

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 3m
Ray Emery: "I basically told him to protect himself. I gave him a chance to protect himself."

Guy admits that he Holtby didn't want to fight.

Referee and Emery deserve to be suspended.

butters8814*

Next time the caps play this pathetic garbage team, they need to knock emery's a@@ out. That was a joke that no one protected holtby.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 1m
#CapitalsTalk Emery on disciplinary action: 'I'm not sure. There's a penalty for fighting in hockey. I gave him a chance to protect himself'

What a *******.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Meh, the star system was already a meaningless joke.

While I dont disagree, I cannot recall anything along this level. The only thing worse is naming him first star.

Thankfully at least Latta went over and forced the officials hand.

Liberati0n*

I don't know how anyone could complain about Emery getting the 3rd star. That's hilarious and awesome. Be mad Holtby doesn't know how to fight; if he'd done that to Emery I would be beyond ecstatic.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I don't know how anyone could complain about Emery getting the 3rd star. That's hilarious and awesome. Be mad Holtby doesn't know how to fight; if he'd done that to Emery I would be beyond ecstatic.

You're joking right. He was spun around and never had his base. He also never had his gear off and was fighting with it the entire time.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

So what? I just explained why Holtby didn't fight back. Let alone the fact what Emery was doing wouldn't even be allowed in an MMA fight, and you're all for it?

Sheesh. You're one hell of a troll.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Oleksy destroyed Vinny, hillarious. Downie quit versus Volpatti, and Urbom looked surprisingly decent as well.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Is this a joke? Did you see the replay? emery jumped him and he did everything he could to protect himself.

Gonzo, there's probably some context missing... I should have said "Why would Emery even challenge a guy who has a shutout going, no way is he going to get accept a challenge at that point".

Which of course is why Emery had to go Central Park on him.

I wonder if it's Lecavalier?

If it is, then perhaps... to quote from Excalibur, "It is the old wound, it has never healed" (0:58)

Liberati0n*

So what? I just explained why Holtby didn't fight back. Let alone the fact what Emery was doing wouldn't even be allowed in an MMA fight, and you're all for it?

Sheesh. You're one hell of a troll.

I'm not trolling. I'll have to watch the video...yeah, obviously Holtby should be allowed to get his glove off or whatever, but I don't see what the big deal is. I would love to see Holtby do that to Emery.

Wizeman*

Emery was bashing Holtby on the back of the head when he was down and that in my opinion is ridiculous.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
**** that franchise and **** that city. A bunch of goons in every sport. Normally never like to hear about injuries but when I read that tweet regarding Downie and Lecavapuss my thoughts were, "Good. **** them. Serves them right."

InfernalDark*

0-7? Is this a ****ing joke? Just came from the bar, had to ring to my Philly friend, ahahahahaha priceless.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
Volpatti & Oleksy did some damage:

@DNFlyers: Holmgren says Downie has a concussion from fight. Lecavalier has a facial injury and will miss time.

Caps win 7-0 , lose no players to injury due to Flyers stupidity and injure 2 of their players in fair fights?.......'twas a fine night of hockey if you ask me

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
Emery was bashing Holtby on the back of the head when he was down and that in my opinion is ridiculous.

Hitting the back of the head is a DQ in combat sports, it's very dangerous to get hit there, and yet the ref just watched as Emery pounded Hotlby in the back of the head again and again.

That ref needs some time off to be better educated about player safety.

I like a good hockey fight, but picking a fight with a guy that clearly doesn't want to fight is a ***** move. I hope the next time Emery charges at another goalie he takes a two handed swing to the teeth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad