Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs Easter Adidtion GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
This is why the lines were stupid.

Terrible job by Lavi. We are 7-0 vs nj and it’s getting down to the last stretch of season. We don’t need kuzy 4th line experiments. If Lavi can’t get him going by coaching/playing his best players the most - that’s more on his coaching. 4th line kuzy is stupid

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don't know if it's the numbers, or the stubble, or what, but Sheary and Wilson look like a small and big version of the same regular sized person. They do things so similarly sometimes that when they're on the same line I can't help but laugh.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I like how Sheary f***s with the defense when he has the puck below the goal line. He doesn't automatically kick it to the point and might fake either way before cutting to the net THEN dishing, or shooting.

Need more of that kind of guile all around.

Reactions: HTFN and Calicaps

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I like how Sheary f***s with the defense when he has the puck below the goal line. He doesn't automatically kick it to the point and might fake either way before cutting to the net THEN dishing, or shooting.

Need more of that kind of guile all around.
Yep. Caps players as a whole tend to move from set to set without ever expecting anyone to deviate from routine or do anything interesting. They give up cheap chances on defense that way and brute force their offense based on if the setup is good enough. Which is fine, I guess, that's kind of the definition of systems play, but there's not a lot of emphasis in the lower lines on pulling in defenders and causing breakdowns in this system if that's the case.

Reactions: g00n

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
If you hit that man in the face with a stick, he's gonna score a goal on you. I don't know the stats on that for sure but I like my odds.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don’t particularly care where they finish so long as they don’t play the Islanders in the first round. Can’t stand watching the Islanders play hockey, except Barzal who is electric and a ton of fun to watch.
Well they just lit us up for 8 goals so they can't be that bad.
I prefer the Islanders style because they play the game with structure.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Panik in over Vrana is mind-boggling.

Terrible asset management.
No it isn't terrible asset management. Vrana is being scratched for the same reasons Trotz was benching him. He doesn't play a complete game.
The coach that mismanaged him was Reirden. Vrana was allowed to float around and not play in the defensive zone.
Sorry but Vrana got what he deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad