Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs Easter Adidtion GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Gotta take those two points today 'cause we'll have only two "freebies" left (2 games with Buffalo), and the rest will be against BOS, NYI, NYR, PIT, and PHI.

Reactions: HecticGlow

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don’t particularly care where they finish so long as they don’t play the Islanders in the first round. Can’t stand watching the Islanders play hockey, except Barzal who is electric and a ton of fun to watch.

Reactions: Calicaps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
This is going to be the first game I'll be able to follow the spreadsheet watch live in the last few weeks.

Sorry in advance/you're welcome for the bad/good luck.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
looking forward to the vrana for 2 seconds trade to colorado this offseason
They bet on a guy who doesn't know how to play in the playoffs instead of trading him while they had an argument of him having a decent RS stats and a potential of breaking out. Now that ship has sailed. At this rate 2 2nds is close to a fair deal.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Gotta take those two points today 'cause we'll have only two "freebies" left (2 games with Buffalo), and the rest will be against BOS, NYI, NYR, PIT, and PHI.

How do we still have 2 games with Buffalo left? It feels like we've fought them a hundred times this season already and they've bled out each time?!

They bet on a guy who doesn't know how to play in the playoffs instead of trading him while they had an argument of him having a decent RS stats and a potential of breaking out. Now that ship has sailed. At this rate 2 2nds is close to a fair deal.

Burakovsky had 18 points in 56 playoff games with Washington, and then 17 points in 15 playoff games with Colorado last year. Grubauer was written off as unable to win a playoff game based on two starts in 2018, but averaged 92.4 SV% in 12 wins in 19 games started for Colorado the last two years. That's before we get to the successes Chandler Stephenson, Nate Schmidt and others have had since leaving the Caps as healthy scratches.

People here, but I think also the Washington management and coaching staff, are too quick to write players off as incapable of performing as opposed to recognising that either they're the wrong fit for this team's style of play (especially in the playoffs), or they're being improperly utilised. Yes, Vrana's overall compete level has to improve, but we also have to recognise not every line can grind out goals and some guys who can put up big numbers will struggle to when you heap more responsibility on them than they're capable of handling.

Reactions: Firsov99

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Panik in over Vrana is mind-boggling.

Terrible asset management.
So you play a guy who's the weakest link on both the top-6 and a PP because you need to pump up his trade value? That's a loser's mentality. You play those who contribute to the team's game here and now. Everything else will figure itself out. Panik is a 4th line scrub but at least he's a 4th line scrub. Vrana has no business playing that role and he sucks in his natural role.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
So you play a guy who's the weakest link on both the top-6 and a PP because you need to pump up his trade value? That's a loser's mentality. You play those who contribute to the team's game here and now. Everything else will figure itself out.

Before coming out Vrana wasn't in the top-6, and I also don't see how he's weaker on the PP than Sprong, Sheary or Panik?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Before coming out Vrana wasn't in the top-6, and I also don't see how he's weaker on the PP than Sprong, Sheary or Panik?
He's weaker than Sprong right now whatever people may think about it. Sheary, also RIGHT NOW, contributes more pretty much everywhere. He moves his feet, he goes to dirty areas, he competes, makes plays, keeps cycles going. He's got motor.
Burakovsky had 18 points in 56 playoff games with Washington, and then 17 points in 15 playoff games with Colorado last year. Grubauer was written off as unable to win a playoff game based on two starts in 2018, but averaged 92.4 SV% in 12 wins in 19 games started for Colorado the last two years. That's before we get to the successes Chandler Stephenson, Nate Schmidt and others have had since leaving the Caps as healthy scratches.

People here, but I think also the Washington management and coaching staff, are too quick to write players off as incapable of performing as opposed to recognising that either they're the wrong fit for this team's style of play (especially in the playoffs), or they're being improperly utilised. Yes, Vrana's overall compete level has to improve, but we also have to recognise not every line can grind out goals and some guys who can put up big numbers will struggle to when you heap more responsibility on them than they're capable of handling.
But it's not team's problem if certain guys are a bad fit. If you're not Ovechkin nobody is going to change the team's game or PP disposal for you. You either bring it or not. I was upset when they let Schnidt go. Other than that, I had no problem with all the aforementioned guys leaving. They looked bad, some of them looked absolutely out of sorts before they left. It wasn't going to work out for them here and they needed to go.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Panik in over Vrana is mind-boggling.

Terrible asset management.
It's not Panik over Vrana. The 2 are unrelated. Vrana is sitting because he's brought almost nothing to the table this season. Panik is playing because he sat and now is being given a chance to show more.

How do we still have 2 games with Buffalo left? It feels like we've fought them a hundred times this season already and they've bled out each time?!

This is the whole reason he's sitting now. This needs to happen before the playoffs.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Just played a shit round of golf, a W would be nice caps let’s get this dub
I’m only able to watch some or most of the first period. Then paying 9 at 4pm before a feast on the grill tonight. Good times! Need a win in my absence. @twabby will have to take over for me while out!

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad