Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs Easter Adidtion GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Funny how every other team scores ENG's on us when its 6 on 5... when the tables are flipped, we stand back... give them every chance in the world.. and don't do anything.

Just shameful coaching strategy, getting to be Rierden levels of ineptitude.
You care about ENG's. They don't matter. Just keep the Fricken puck out of your net.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
You care about ENG's. They don't matter. Just keep the Fricken puck out of your net.

Refer to my above post ^^. ENG's basically lets the wind out of the sail to speak... Which is why they're important. Our coaches prefer to sit back and give other teams millions of chances.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Bad icing by Chara. Usually I like shooting for the ENG. But not with 10 seconds left.
Icing is never a good thing. I'm obviously more old school. I disapprove of going for the empty net unless you have a 2 goal lead or you can get to center ice before going for it.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I can’t even say how many times the Caps have cost me money on the damned -1.5 puck line. Good Lord. Time and time again.

at least 8x this season.

I should smarten up. Bet on the Caps to win, and then take their opponent +1.5. Sure, both lines are chalk, but I’d win both all the time.

sigh

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Refer to my above post ^^. ENG's basically lets the wind out of the sail to speak... Which is why they're important. Our coaches prefer to sit back and give other teams millions of chances.
They really aren't that important. Sure it's nice to get the goal for a little breathing room but the main goal is to keep the puck out of your net.
Too many times we see players making poor decisions going for the empty net. Firing the puck down the ice and getting call for icing is not a good play. You are not taking much time off the clock and stuck with a defensive zone faceoff and can't change personal or call a time out. You could be stuck with an exhausted group of guys. You also might not be able to get your best faceoff guy on the ice. Ideally you are better off having 2 centers on the ice in those situations in case one guy gets thrown out of the faceoff circle.
You are much better off trying to get the puck out of the zone without icing the puck. And taking more time off the clock.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I’m so torn. One the one hand we have the most points in the league. On the other hand I don’t feel great about this team.
They had legitimately been playing like one of the best teams in the league the past 2 months or so, up until this week. It’s been a bad 4 games. It happens. If it continues another week or two, then I think we should be concerned.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Re: Dillon. Gotta wait and see him in the playoffs. Many a game people said the same about Orpik. So while I know they aren’t the same player, they play similar roles.

if Dillon plays like crap this time in the playoffs, I’m sure he will get exposed in the Expansion Draft.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
They had legitimately been playing like one of the best teams in the league the past 2 months or so, up until this week. It’s been a bad 4 games. It happens. If it continues another week or two, then I think we should be concerned.
I dunno this team doesn’t pass the eye test for me. So many of our wins during our streak came against Buffalo/NJ/Philly. We are playing .500 hockey lately against the other teams in our division. I don’t think this team is bad but in no way do I think they are a legit contender.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I want to see what we have in siegs for at least 1 game. Cant be much worse than dillon has been and if he is, then we see how dillon reacts to being scratched/find a need we have for the TDL

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I want to see what we have in siegs for at least 1 game. Cant be much worse than dillon has been and if he is, then we see how dillon reacts to being scratched/find a need we have for the TDL
A couple games ago I was thinking we should put in Seigenthaler for Chara. Now I think we could sit Chara for a couple games and Dillon for a couple games.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad