OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Who knows how good Wilson will be but between him, Queen, and Jackson they’ve added a lot of speed to the defense. Much needed with how slow they were last year.

Through 1.5 drafts, Khan has yet to make a pick that’s had me scratching my head. Everything just makes sense.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So ummm. Who's gonna play WR2 and CB?

The draft picks seem promising but we still have holes.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Highlighting the medicals in that writeup:

… medical history is a bright red flag after double-digit surgeries since his senior year of high school
— missed the second half of his senior year of high school after tearing the ACL in his right knee (October 2017), requiring surgery; reinjured his right knee during summer of 2018 and required another surgery, sitting out his first season at NC State; underwent surgery on both shoulders after the 2020 season and sat out 2021 spring practices; missed most of the 2021 season after suffering his third shoulder dislocation (September 2021), which requi red surgery (Bristow procedure performed by Dr. James Andrews) to repair shoulder blade issues (battled complications from the surgery, including infection) … will be 24 years old on draft weekend

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am kind of shocked that the Ravens didn't pinch Wilson two picks before the Steelers. They lost Queen and he would have fit a need.

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Similar to Darnell Washington last year. Medical questions but at this point in the late 3rd, almost 4th round, you have to take a chance on talent. Wilson is a first round, early 2nd round caliber player.

Colbert was a damn good GM, but they held on to him for too long. Khan is the man.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Highlighting the medicals in that writeup:

… medical history is a bright red flag after double-digit surgeries since his senior year of high school
— missed the second half of his senior year of high school after tearing the ACL in his right knee (October 2017), requiring surgery; reinjured his right knee during summer of 2018 and required another surgery, sitting out his first season at NC State; underwent surgery on both shoulders after the 2020 season and sat out 2021 spring practices; missed most of the 2021 season after suffering his third shoulder dislocation (September 2021), which requi red surgery (Bristow procedure performed by Dr. James Andrews) to repair shoulder blade issues (battled complications from the surgery, including infection) … will be 24 years old on draft weekend
10+ surgeries in 6 years??!??! Why is this guy still playing football. Save your body bro.
He's the new Beau Bennett.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wilson may end up a bust due to his injuries, so I definitely understand why teams were scared to take him, but the upside is so obvious that it's a no brainer for the Steelers to take him at 98. If he pans out, they got a downright athletic freak of an ILB to complement Queen. If he doesn't pan out due to injuries, you can't even criticize them for making the gamble on him because of the natural talent that is there.

I'd much rather go for this kind of move than try to pick some CB3 upside player because they need a CB3.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hope Steelers aren't one of those teams that put initials on jerseys. We have 3 Wilson's now.
wilson-e1521574064765.jpg

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Wilson may end up a bust due to his injuries, so I definitely understand why teams were scared to take him, but the upside is so obvious that it's a no brainer for the Steelers to take him at 98. If he pans out, they got a downright athletic freak of an ILB to complement Queen. If he doesn't pan out due to injuries, you can't even criticize them for making the gamble on him because of the natural talent that is there.

I'd much rather go for this kind of move than try to pick some CB3 upside player because they need a CB3.
If he contributes for like 2 years the pick is a huge success. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad