Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs Easter Adidtion GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If there are players that should be benched for lazy, uninspired play that don't bring much when they aren't contributing on the points sheet, it's not Vrana. It's Carlson and Dillon.
You literally just described Vrana and then said he shouldn't be benched while others should lmao.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I actually think Carlson has been playing better of late. Dillon on the other hand...
Yeah, Carlson's been fine, his main problem has been Dillon and playing around that uncertainty.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I actually think Carlson has been playing better of late. Dillon on the other hand...

Yep same here. I thought Dillon was playing better at the start and Carlson was hurting the pair but Dillon has been atrocious recently.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I never said they weren’t good, I just said I hate watching them play hockey. And I don’t know if @twabby was being sarcastic or serious but I don’t find “structure” as a concept to be boring, I just find the brand of hockey the Islanders play to be dull and unappealing.
They play the way they have to play. They aren't as skilled as most teams.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Yeah, Carlson's been fine, his main problem has been Dillon and playing around that uncertainty.

I’m not going to let him off the hook completely for some of his play earlier in the season, but I do agree that Dillon should probably see some reduction in his role and has likely contributed to some of Carlson’s struggles in terms of possession.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ehhh, Carlson is still making plenty of mistakes that a D with his experience and mobility shouldn't be making. Take for instance when Samsonov had that huge sage against Severson, Carlson was the one to allow Severson to get that open. He was supposed to be marking him.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
The problem with their defense is at their best they're fine but you don't know what you gonna get on any given night with half of those guys and that can easily f*** up any chances of going deep in the playoffs.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ovie great ragging the puck to help the partial change, then a little slow getting off leaving Zajac wide open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad