GDT: Caps @ Canes 7 PM - All Aboard the Matty P Bandwagon!

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Come on guys, tank, tank, tank... it's all we loyal fans want, do it for us boys.:yo:

ryan519*

It's all a ruse for the fans.

Joe B cares more about how his pocket squares look then the caps.. i bet he can't wait to get some more free time to try on the latest Armani.

i dont believe that...locker used to play for the caps he obviously wants to see them do well, and both of them have been around for so long you start to get attached

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Not an expert on this draft but wondering if there's an advantage to tanking these last 3. Unless the 5 teams between us and the 8th spot play each other we could drop down that low from the current 13th spot. If we win out we could maybe fall back 2 spots.

Well you would assume Oates wants his reputation, bottom 6ers are at risk of being replaced by top picks, and the top 6 also don't want to quit because they will be ostracized for doing so.

So as far as tanking goes, it would have to require Oates to be fired and an interim HC to come in and they sit every star.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Well you would assume Oates wants his reputation, bottom 6ers are at risk of being replaced by top picks, and the top 6 also don't want to quit because they will be ostracized for doing so.

So as far as tanking goes, it would have to require Oates to be fired and an interim HC to come in and they sit every star.

I agree, but really, the Tank would allow us to get some honey next year, so Oates should be giving one for the team..

ryan519*

do u guys think wilson will develop into this lucic type power forward for us?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I agree, but really, the Tank would allow us to get some honey next year, so Oates should be giving one for the team..

Oates doesn't care about next year beyond padding his resume. If he can finish just out of the playoffs that's what he'll do. Screw us one more time on the way out, Spock.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
do u guys think wilson will develop into this lucic type power forward for us?

He better, because we could have Grigorenko or Terivainen for this glorified fighter. And fighting is on the downslope in the NHL.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Schmidt and Kundratek ... are they both still recovering/rehabbing from injuries? Will they be in mix next year? We have a lot if depth, it seems, in the D prospect department. Short on a Shea Weber/Ryan Suter/Rod Langway shutdown stud. But still. Lottta skill among the D prospects.

Any chance Burakovsky plays in NHL next year, or still a year or two away?

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Oates doesn't care about next year beyond padding his resume. If he can finish just out of the playoffs that's what he'll do. Screw us one more time on the way out, Spock.

I assume he knows he's a gonner then probably.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I want to see Mojo between Chimmer and Wardo next season.

Why? MJ90 can't finish and his possession stinks. All he's good for these days is the occasional assist on the PP. 42 and 25 need a center that plays the same style.

WHY are people always trying to break up our BEST LINE??

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Kuznetsov is just too soft for the NHL right now, he needs to bulk up and man up.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't think he's top line material TBH, I would think he'll be a 3rd liner at most for the rest of his career.

I see his upside as 2nd line and solid potential as a consistent 3rd liner. Throw him into the fire next year and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00