GDT: Caps @ Canadiens | 9/28/14 | 6PM | RDS

JackTheTulip

Aug 10, 2008
Montreal
"I have a pre-conceived notion. Could you confirm it for me?"

(Is presented evidence that does not confirm it - indeed, contradicts it.)

"I don't think that's enough evidence to change my pre-conceived notion, which is based on nothing, really. I disregard it."

Wow seems like everyone is waiting for someone to misstep to destroy him. Ok sorry, I'm erasing my preconceived notions and I'm now asking : do you guys think things will go well between Ovechkin and Trotz?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wow seems like everyone is waiting for someone to misstep to destroy him. Ok sorry, I'm erasing my preconceived notions and I'm now asking : do you guys think things will go well between Ovechkin and Trotz?

You are a hockey fan and didn't know that people hate Ovechkin and love to find anything to rip him over?

Dale Hunter asked Ov to stop playing offense and try to play defense. That included blocking shots. Ov did that. He didn't complain. He didn't sulk He tried with his usual jump.

If he is willing to do that, then what Trotz wants is very small. Trotz wants the defense pressing into the play. That means he was Ov out running to spread the ice. In otherwords he wants Ov to be Ov.

I expect no problems between Trotz and Ovechkin

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
"I have a pre-conceived notion. Could you confirm it for me?"

(Is presented evidence that does not confirm it - indeed, contradicts it.)

"I don't think that's enough evidence to change my pre-conceived notion, which is based on nothing, really. I disregard it."

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

JackTheTulip

Aug 10, 2008
Montreal
Yes I am a hockey fan but I watch my team mostly and I don't talk much hockey online so maybe I'm missing most of the Ovechkin hate.

Good for the Caps, then. With crazy coaching the division title might be up for grabs. I definitely wish the Pens would disappear for a while.
I for one do not look forward to the Habs offense being choked again in future match-ups.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have a hard time believing that someone in hockey mad montreal doesn't know that Alex Ovechkin is a polarizing figure. but....ok

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have a hard time believing that someone in hockey mad montreal doesn't know that Alex Ovechkin is a polarizing figure. but....ok

Yeah I got a "who me?" PM from this guy. Whatever.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Has anyone actually in the room ever trashed Ovie? I remember Bradley saying something like "everyone knows Ovie just wants to win" in the same interview in which he trashed Semin.

BB usually has positive things to say, too.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Bradley hated Semin. I think Ov is generally loved. I think if you look closely you find that he loves his team and loves his teammates. His actions can be criticized from time to time and his dedication to one thing or another perhaps, but I think the other players know his heart is in the right place.

I think if you pay attention to the little things that he says, he wants to win a cup in Washington. In Washington.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The best Ovie trashing recently was when Trotz was running cardio drills and every player on the team was gassed and it wasn't "hey look how hard Ovechkin is working in camp" the story line somehow became "hey look how winded Ovechkin is, he must be out of shape."

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The best Ovie trashing recently was when Trotz was running cardio drills and every player on the team was gassed and it wasn't "hey look how hard Ovechkin is working in camp" the story line somehow became "hey look how winded Ovechkin is, he must be out of shape."

This.

Somebody (RMNB?) had a quote from Orpik saying it might have been the hardest first day of training camp he'd ever been through. But yeah, Ovie's a slacker.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
why did bradley hate semin?

I believe it was something along the lines of he has all the talent in the world but lacks the desire kind of comment. I could be wrong though. Not sure he hated him exactly, just didn't speak positive about him.

here ya go, plenty of info about it, also includes David Steckle and Knuble.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...t-doesnt-care/2011/08/17/gIQA40sELJ_blog.html

and

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ys-concussion/2011/08/31/gIQAMWR4rJ_blog.html

and

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/18/capitals-mike-knuble-defends-matt-bradley-praises-/

Vladiator16*

If he wouldn't have been gassed... then the narrative would've been "Hey look how hard everybody's working, but OV..." lol... Who cares anymore...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad