GDT: Caps @ Canadiens | 9/28/14 | 6PM | RDS

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Burakovsky AND Kuz can help this team. Both play very well defensively (which Trotz loves) and can contribute offensively.

If Wilson comes back at some point I really like the makeup of skill and grind on this team.

The only question will be if the D is good enough.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
too many young players to go anywhere. that sounds great for a rebuilding team.

Cody Eakin takes the 3c spot and Bura goes to Hershey anyway

At some point the young guns should be the veteran presentsfor the next batch of players.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I'm a big fan of Kuz, but it looks like it will be tough.

So far he hasn't shown great chemistry with any potential linemates, so that means his only chance is to increase his own intensity/workrate, change his game to play more North-American.

In this sense probably makes more sense for him to adapt as a winger. I think at center he is not making decisions fast enough right now. Trying to keep track of everything as center, plus learning new systems that demand lots of attention to details, plus still adjusting his game to NHL and teammates, plus pressure "NHL or bust", I think right now it's overload.

I hope Trotz gives him a chance on wing if the center thing does not immediately work out.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I'm a big fan of Kuz, but it looks like it will be tough.

So far he hasn't shown great chemistry with any potential linemates, so that means his only chance is to increase his own intensity/workrate, change his game to play more North-American.

In this sense probably makes more sense for him to adapt as a winger. I think at center he is not making decisions fast enough right now. Trying to keep track of everything as center, plus learning new systems that demand lots of attention to details, plus still adjusting his game to NHL and teammates, plus pressure "NHL or bust", I think right now it's overload.

I hope Trotz gives him a chance on wing if the center thing does not immediately work out.

I wish we had room at RW. That's where he displays his skill and speed the most.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
too many young players to go anywhere. that sounds great for a rebuilding team.

Cody Eakin takes the 3c spot and Bura goes to Hershey anyway

only you can look at players like Eakin and view them as a negative. if you wants veterans, you go out and get them. having Eakin wouldn't effect our ability to do that at anymore than it hurt LA's, Chicago's, Boston's, Pittsburgh ability to surround there youth with veterans.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Kuz and Wilson seemed to play well together and showed some chemistry, I'm hoping once he's back they'll gel and form a unit that could be around for a long time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
only you can look at players like Eakin and view them as a negative. if you wants veterans, you go out and get them. having Eakin wouldn't effect our ability to do that at anymore than it hurt LA's, Chicago's, Boston's, Pittsburgh ability to surround there youth with veterans.

where did I view Eakin as a negative? I said he would take the 3c slot. He would. My point is that Eakin plus a rookie Bura and a rookie Kuz and a 20 year old Wilson as 4 of the top 9 forwards would just be too young. Too inexperienced. That you would not get all 4.

So with the 3 they have if you added one, you would lose one unless the idea is to be a rebuilding team that throw a bunch of young guys into the lineup to learn with less interest in winning.

I guess I don't pay attention to the other NHL teams like I should. Did LA have four forwards in their lineup last season with a total of 3 NHL seasons under their belts with Wilson's being a 4th line only season? Maybe I am wrong

JackTheTulip

Aug 10, 2008
Montreal
Damn you guys really turned this around this off season. Definitely looked like a Barry Trotz team yesterday.

Do you think Ovechkin is going to really get behind this? I can see him not being too happy with the new system.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think I'm asking a question that is legitimate at this point. Maybe I'm late for the parade and you're tired of hearing it.

It does seem like you are putting a lot of faith in this little article though.

From MTL, joined 6 years ago, and a grand total 3 posts before pressing a "legitimate" flamebait topic on the forum for another team.

Yeah you're not a troll or an alt. Nope.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
"I have a pre-conceived notion. Could you confirm it for me?"

(Is presented evidence that does not confirm it - indeed, contradicts it.)

"I don't think that's enough evidence to change my pre-conceived notion, which is based on nothing, really. I disregard it."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad