GDT: Caps @ Bruins, 6:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Giving up a mid-first round pick, a second round pick, and a player who had similar point totals to the one you got to save a few million for your aging team is not what I would say is a fix.
Your right vrana was soooo much better and would have fixed this. Get lost with this crap

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Firing BM is a terrible idea. I trust him to correct things. This team’s window wound have ended much earlier with McPhee, he kept the team competitive. Age and injuries caught up with us, I respect him going for it.

If Forsythe is still the PP coach next season I will question the competence of BM and Laviolette.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

illicit

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
I don't want to give up on the team, but as far as I'm concerned this series is over. They've shown us nothing to make us think they can come back from 3-1 down.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Let’s be honest. GMBM took a roster that McPhee built and made some tweaks. He gets way too much credit. Meanwhile McPhee builds a roster from nothing and takes an expansion team to the finals in the first year and has them looking like a real contender again.
How many cups does McPhee have? How many did he screw up with awful TDL moves?

Reactions: g00n

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Let’s be honest. GMBM took a roster that McPhee built and made some tweaks. He gets way too much credit. Meanwhile McPhee builds a roster from nothing and takes an expansion team to the finals in the first year and has them looking like a real contender again.

Eh, Vegas had help. No other expansion team ever got those perks. That said he put his stamp on the Vegas team.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Lack of speed? They're just being outplayed, and outmuscled. The PP stinks. It's not like they've been crushing us on breakaway after breakaway.

Yea sorry no bud... this team lacks speed.. speed they had and a stupid GM gave away for nothing.

Outplayed and outmuscled is a thing of the past, Just watch the players at the blue line.. when boston is in our zone, they're the first ones back to their zone... the other way, we're the last ones back.

That's even with 2 of our D players playing as far back as they can.

Watch any other NHL series and look at the speed of those games and then watch the caps..

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I don't want to give up on the team, but as far as I'm concerned this series is over. They've shown us nothing to make us think they can come back from 3-1 down.

Yep, never give up while their is life. Boston has history of screwing things up just like our Caps. Problem is can the Caps brain dump all this crap over last two games.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I am 1000% on board with trading Kuzy. Even if we don’t get fair trade value, I think it will be be to our benefit.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yea sorry no bud... this team lacks speed.. speed they had and a stupid GM gave away for nothing.

Outplayed and outmuscled is a thing of the past, Just watch the players at the blue line.. when boston is in our zone, they're the first ones back to their zone... the other way, we're the last ones back.

That's even with 2 of our D players playing as far back as they can.

Watch any other NHL series and look at the speed of those games and then watch the caps..

I didn't say we're fast. But we have a style that makes us good and we're not playing it. We're being beaten at our own game.

Vrana's speed hasn't done shit for years. Stop pining for it. He's gone. Move on.

Reactions: Corby78

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
LMFAO you can’t be serious with this right? McPhee wasted so many Ovechkin and Backstrom prime years by assembling some of the shittiest defensive units and trading or signing for borderline 2Cs. How many drinks have you had?

Reactions: Corby78 and g00n

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
That Mantha/Vrana trade looks horrible at this point. Anyone defending it still is in denial. BUT, that's not why the Caps are losing. It's time to get younger and faster.

But we need to outmuscle the other team.... /sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad