GDT: Caps @ Bruins, 6:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
How many cups does McPhee have? How many did he screw up with awful TDL moves?
I think he deserves a lot of credit for our cup. He built the core. I don’t think GMBM has proven that if he would have been in McPhees place 15 years ago that he would have been able to build as good a roster.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The team is such a big ass, I don't even feel bad they got smoked the way they did this series. And. I'm ready to admit - that Mantha trade is a one huge lol. Maclellan got absolutely fleeced. Nobody gives a shit about Vrana but to waste all those picks. Bro you could have got a top-line center using that package plus just one more player. Now you're sitting there and looking like an idiot. Don't know how you can justify him keeping his job if he's doesn't pull off a miraculous trade this summer and gets them a real superstar

haha like who? Add Kuzy sure maybe if you want to overpay….but which top line center acquisition are we making again that prevents what we’re seeing tonight? McDavid? Lol…

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Firing BM is a terrible idea. I trust him to correct things. This team’s window wound have ended much earlier with McPhee, he kept the team competitive. Age and injuries caught up with us, I respect him going for it.

If Forsythe is still the PP coach next season I will question the competence of BM and Laviolette.
He’s been terrible. His UFA signings are terrible. He signs marginal players for too much, and too long.

He won’t be fired, but he should be fired.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Oshie has to go then, right?

kuzy, Wilson, and Mantha aren’t old. Replace Oshie with a younger faster player?
Apart from obviously Ov and Bäcks, who i dont see leaving the team at any point, im willing to part with any player in the current top 6. Obviously looking at Eichel as the main target. It will be hard to convince him to join the caps tho, cause the rebuild is imminent here aswell, and he just said that he doesnt want to be a part of one anymore.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Thank you for not making me sit through overtime for this loss, but looks like I have to do this once again....

ShnFl6c.gif

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But we need to outmuscle the other team.... /sarcasm

Did you not notice our top players being ragdolled all over the ice with no consequences? You think that has no effect on their ability to score?

This team played best when it was nasty and aggressive and didn't give a shit about penalties or suspensions. Now they're trying to be extra fancy and it's failing because the Bruins are playing traditional playoff hockey and sticking a body on someone every chance they get.

You can't shoot if you can't create space. And you don't get space if you're playing timid.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Gopack76

Nov 17, 2017
Forget the McPhee GMBM debate. It's dumb and a waste of time. GMBM is gonna be the GM this offseason. I think he made a terrible trade for Mantha based on how many picks he gave up. If GMBM continues to cycle in older vets, he should get fired after next season.

This team desperately needs to get younger and faster. The head coach needs to be on board with this.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
To do list this offseason:

- Trade Kuznetsov and get a top 6 C that isn't a complete dummy
- Fire Blaine Forsythe
- Sign Ovechkin
- Start thinking about the future (rebuild in 3-4 years) and get some cap space and draft picks

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Losing 5-1 doesn't matter. Goal different barely matters in the regular season tiebreakers, and has absolutely zero impact on how the playoffs are decided. The extra attacker giving them a 0.01% chance to win instead of a 0.0000001% chance to win is a smart call. It won't matter, but the only thing that matters in the playoffs are wins and losses, so making a move that helps improve their chances (however minimal) is the right play.
Our chance of scoring on PP actually seems to go down even further (and it’s already low enough) when we make it 6 on 4. Too many guys, and we just look crowded and confused

Reactions: RandyHolt

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The training staff needs to be fired for allowing these guys to play when they’re 75% at best.

Post series injury list will read:
Ovechkin
Carlson
Backstrom
Oshie
Eller
Vitek
And maybe even Chara

Reactions: RandyHolt

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Detroit is going to be a dumpster fire for awhile

They have 49 million in cap space for next season. Look at their prospect pool and their draft picks:

upload_2021-5-22_11-31-46.png

Sure they probably aren't making the playoffs next season but there is a lot to be excited about for the future (if you're a Detroit fan, which I'm not).

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
haha like who? Add Kuzy sure maybe if you want to overpay….but which top line center acquisition are we making again that prevents what we’re seeing tonight? McDavid? Lol…
It might have or might have not prevented them from losing this series but Mantha scored what the last 10 or so games? Four assists? I'm sorry first and a second is not the difference between this and Vrana's ghost show. Who gives a shit if he's trying. Score some goals or go away. Price is paid and expectation is set accordingly. You fail - trade failed. That's it. They didn't lose because of just that but that's a too many lost trades and stupid contracts to overlook. Maclellan should be fired this summer barring something crazy but what we can agree on is Leonsis is gonna ride those 2018 memories until his last breath. He ain't gonna fire Maclellan probably ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA