GDT: Caps @ Bruins, 6:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
But I was told that in order to win in the playoffs you need to be a big, heavy team that punishes your opponent.

Meanwhile in Florida (both teams) and over in Colorado and Vegas.....
To be fair, those teams are also very, very physical. They have a nice mix of physicality, speed and skill. Washington looks old, beat up (injured). They’ve never been a fast team per say, but they’ve made up for it in other areas. The injury bug hit at the worst possible time and it’s a recipe for disaster with an older, slower team.

Reactions: RandyHolt

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yea sorry no bud... this team lacks speed.. speed they had and a stupid GM gave away for nothing.

Outplayed and outmuscled is a thing of the past, Just watch the players at the blue line.. when boston is in our zone, they're the first ones back to their zone... the other way, we're the last ones back.

That's even with 2 of our D players playing as far back as they can.

Watch any other NHL series and look at the speed of those games and then watch the caps..

100 percent correct. I think a lot of people here only ever watch the Caps and don't realise just how fast and skilled some of the other teams are. That's why I don't think a team from the East is going to make it to the Finals.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Meanwhile we're going to keep making the playoffs for the next couple for years (and get crushed in the first round),
which means continued low draft picks, which means the roof falls in when OV and Nick decide to call it a day.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Panik, Dillon, Schultz, Hagelin. All overpaid and over signed.
We can return to his awful draft record that had prevented him from filling up the roster with cheap youth and instead made him hand out those stupid contracts. The guy just has been doing whatever for 3 years straight and Ted just smiles and nods

Reactions: Misery74

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Decisions like these are what made the patriots a dynasty for so long. They let go of players at the end of their prime. Obviously I want OV to retire a cap for sentimental reasons but I think we all know he isn’t a 12/13 million player a year.

Yes agreed and they built a very good team around their star. GMGM wasted so many of Ovechkin’s prime years with one of the worst defences in the league and players that were playoff no shows.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Earlier in the season a lot of us, including me were eating crow with the Schultz signing. Then he got hurt and hasn't seemed to be the same player.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Schultz is quality player with little risk on a 1 year contract. After ED teams will have holes in top-4 most probably. Some team will take him for a pick.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Yeah, but I"m still disappointed the road warrior spirit didn't show up.
I hear you. It's disappointing to all of us. But I think we just have to admit that we are an old team that simply can't keep up anymore at the playoffs pace. It seems that we've used up all fuel in the first three games (more specifically, ran out after regulation in game 3). The number of lost puck battles today was staggering, and it seemed like a Bruin was always there to pick up a rebound. We were always a step behind. It was difficult to watch.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
To be fair, those teams are also very, very physical. They have a nice mix of physicality, speed and skill. Washington looks old, beat up (injured). They’ve never been a fast team per say, but they’ve made up for it in other areas. The injury bug hit at the worst possible time and it’s a recipe for disaster with an older, slower team.

I think we are beat up too. There are others few are talking about it - Ovi missed time as the season ended. Whoopdee doo he came back for a game or 2. He trucked Nick proper and they both probably got injured. VV gone. Kuzy is fragile' and is probably injured - I remember him in pain early in the series.

Lavi's best hope is to put in fresh healthy players but he clearly subscribes to the "if it IS broke don't fix it" school of coaching.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
iStock-140256545%20(1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad