GDT: Caps @ Bruins, 6:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
If Sprong was to be put back in the line up you'd have to sit Sheary and move Wilson down to the third line. Lines would then look something like this:
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Sprong
Mantha - Backstrom - Oshie
Rafl - Eller - Wilson
Hagelin - Dowd - Hathaway
I don’t hate that lineup.

illicit

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
If Sprong was to be put back in the line up you'd have to sit Sheary and move Wilson down to the third line. Lines would then look something like this:
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Sprong
Rafl - Eller - Wilson
Hagelin - Dowd - Hathaway

Swap Oshie with Wilson and looks good to me.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Carlson has played the worst hockey of his career, or at least that I can remember, the first three games. That needs to change or others (Jensen and TvR) need to play more... or more preferably, both.

The last time he looked this bad was coming off the "vacation" many players took during the lockout, under Oates. IIRC

Reactions: Holtbyisms

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Let's see:

Ovie - Kuz - Wilson
Raffl - Eller - Sprong
Hags - Dowd - Hath Vader

Reactions: amjay13

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Swap Oshie with Wilson and looks good to me.

You think being on the road with the opponent last change having defensively challenged and rusty Kuznsetsov and defensively not trusted Sprong on the ice together is a good idea?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
tenor.gif

Reactions: g00n

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If Sprong wasn't garbage defensively this wouldn't be an issue.
Daniel Carr is even worse defensively.
Conor Sheary ain't exactly a shutdown forward, either.

Regardless, you don't scratch someone as productive as Sprong. If you're concerned about his defense, you can shelter him or use selective deployments. The only line on this team that's scoring right now is the 4th line, you need to keep someone like Sprong in the line-up to help inject some offense.

Lest we forget, this team won a cup with guys like Jakub Vrana, Andre Burakovsky, and Brett Connolly seeing regular shifts in the bottom six at various points in the playoffs. Depth scoring matters, even if some of those guys aren't shutdown fowards.

illicit

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
You think being on the road with the opponent last change having defensively challenged and rusty Kuznsetsov and defensively not trusted Sprong on the ice together is a good idea?

You put that line out to score goals, which we desperately need. If I had my way, I'd prefer something like g00n posted above, but Lavi refuses to play Sprong in a bottom six role.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
My bummed 10 year old is checking out and doesn't even want to watch the game tonight. C'mon boys, if not for yourselves do it for him!! Although this little prick got a Stanley Cup in his first season of avidly following the Caps so I don't feel sorry for him in the least

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sure sounds like it. Carr is a career journeymen between the A and a few leagues in Europe.

Carr is skating the extra work with the spares. Yes? Looks like Oshie and Eller are playing. Yes?

Its also true that Carr in game 3 was not a 3rd line player. The Caps 3rd line is the Dowd line. Carr played 10mins. Sheary and Raffl were closer to 20mins. Carr was not on the ice for a goal against and that was what he was there for. To eat a couple of shifts and not hurt anything. That spot Carr was in is the Caps last spot on the forward roster. Not 7, 8 and 9

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I’m the first to critique Sprong’s weak defensive game but I just see the risk/reward worth it with the lack of scoring and poor defensive play of some of the players anyway.

Reactions: longtime lurker

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Carr ain’t playing. Bitch about Sheary instead :laugh:

Raffl isn’t coming out so it’s basically Sheary over Sprong

obviously. If I’m wrong we won and if I’m right I can say I told you so Hahha not that I would but have seen others follow this logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad