GDT: Caps @ Bruins, 6:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Just curious: what exactly is this message you're talking about?
That you can play well all game and keep your team in the game but one mistake and you are benched. If that is your message as a coach then you better be consistent. If that was the case Dillon should have been benched after game 2.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
You haven't been kind to us the past few years... but f*** it.

Light our darkest hour. REDRUM.

694b9af2d6f3a4534a957a04cd4b71f7.jpg

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
At this point we need to be up by 2 at least after 2 or tbjs team isn’t winning anything.

something besides being old is happening. Not sure if it’s being out of shape - or what - but the team has been slow, lost most board battles, getting out chances big time, etc.

best thing for caps to do is come out hitting the bruins very, very hard. The only thing they can do to make up for their lack of speed/stamina is by being a physical presence - which is what bmac built this team to be.

remember, we won the cup - but a loss against Boston would be 3 straight series losing in our first round. Very bad.

biggest game in a long time tonifht.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Ugh. If Oshie is out, put CMM on wing in top 6.

Reunite Sheary, Eller and Sprong.

Sit Raffl and Carr.

History favors the bold Lavi.

If we are having trouble scoring, put in guys that can score.

We know that we might get burned defensively, but playing better defensive guys who can't score hasn't really worked for us either at the moment.

The fourth line can't do all the scoring, pffttttt.

Jun 15, 2007
I think Lavi is a good coach but if Sprong is scratched again considering how shit our offense is...

Sometimes you can outsmart yourself. Having trouble scoring? Put in the guy with the best ESG/60 not named Auston Matthews.

Reactions: Hivemind

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
And also:

Look at what we did last year in playoffs too. Same thing.

Caps have 8 goals in 11 periods so far. So the math is barely 2 goals per 60 minutes right now... which makes sense when you have Carlson, Backstrom, etc aren't producing at all.

We need Ovi, Carlson, Kuznetsov (only one game so far), and Backstrom to score more than 1 goal in the whole series so far... Those are our best 4 players and they just haven't been good enough.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Sprong scratched again.

That means Eller is in. Third line will probably be Rafl-Eller-Sheary. Which looks good to me. The only issue I have is TVR sitting. I thought he paired with Dillon was a nice steady d-corps. The Schultz-Dillon pairing has been responsible for the two OT goals. I'd sit Schultz but I'm sure Lavy's looking at the offensive side of things with the d-corps.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Ya I would consider scratching Sheary for Sprong but I know Lavi would never do that. I liked Sheary during the regular season but he had been invisible during the playoffs and can’t even skate for some reason now

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps better want this game. Quit the BS and focus while giving a full effort. The role players are doing their job, time for the stars to do theirs. I don't care if it's injuries either. Every team goes through injuries.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Caps better want this game. Quit the BS and focus while giving a full effort. The role players are doing their job, time for the stars to do theirs. I don't care if it's injuries either. Every team goes through injuries.
This. People keep saying “well, they’re old and injured”....your point? First of all, we don’t know how injured they are or not so let’s take that out of the equation. To the second point , there are plenty of old players we’ve seen have great playoff runs. Winners find a way.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

capsdom86

May 28, 2015
Basically all must win games from here on out. Remember our Game 7 record on home ice. And I'm calling 4th straight OT game.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If Sprong was to be put back in the line up you'd have to sit Sheary and move Wilson down to the third line. Lines would then look something like this:
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Sprong
Mantha - Backstrom - Oshie
Rafl - Eller - Wilson
Hagelin - Dowd - Hathaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad