GDT: Caps @ Blues 11/15/14 8PM EST

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Why are we so awful at keeping the puck 5 on 5? our passing game is awful unless we have a man advantage

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I hate when people say 'why don't we let him loose'. He chooses when he wants or doesn't want to hit. It's on him to bring it consistently. He sleeps in way too many games. Gliding around and across the ice isn't going to cut it. It's clear and you can tell when he decides to show up and give it his all. It's rare.

Won't believe it till i hear it definitively. I really fail to see why a guy who has that in him just chooses not to. Definitely instructed by coaches to pick and choose his energy bursts rather than letting him go for it.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Won't believe it till i hear it definitively. I really fail to see why a guy who has that in him just chooses not to. Definitely instructed by coaches to pick and choose his energy bursts rather than letting him go for it.

That makes no sense at all. They don't want their best player to play with energy for a full game effort? That's hard to believe.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
That was just no fair! They kept playing even with the 2 goal lead..

ANyway, we got heavily outclassed and outmatched tonight.. Blues are a stud team, great passing, keep coming at ya, disciplined.. Just a much better hockey club.. But the reffing was a little bull****ish.. They could of called 3 or 4 penalties on the Blues in the 3rd period alone but swallowed the whistle.. Whatever..

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Outclassed. Nowhere near contending.

On the other hand if Trotz would try some speedy Canadian winger with good board play on the 1st line! Maybe Ovie would score.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
So what's wrong with MAJO that he missed tonight's game as well as last night?
His mom hasn't been here to cheer him on.

Ovi's lack of finishing checks could either be due to Trotz expecting him to get back on defensive coverage quicker and going to finish a check might take him out of a play, or he could just be aging and feeling the lumps more so he's shying away from unnecessary physicality. Could be a third thing, who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad