GDT: Caps @ Blues 11/15/14 8PM EST

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I see all these complaints about wingers playing center. hasn't burakovsky been successful?
Sure he has, but I think its very likely the Caps' forward unit would be more consistent and effective if Fehr and Kuznetsov weren't forced into the center role out of necessity.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sure he has, but I think its very likely the Caps' forward unit would be more consistent and effective if Fehr and Kuznetsov weren't forced into the center role out of necessity.

one step at a time I guess.

we are content with backstrom and burakovsky. I am content with Laich and Latta in the 3 and 4 slots. if Laich is at 3 then I am content with Kuz being at 4 and learning with Latta on the ice with him.

Laich is injured and an injury fill in is always a backup choice.

so....I agree that its not ideal. I when its written to sound like there are three inadequate wingers playing center, that's worse by levels than what it is.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...n-wants-more-of-our-guys-to-stick-up-for-him/

Big Willie style.

Trotz calls on teammates to step up to Wilson's level and stick up for him like he sticks up for them.

OH SNAP. IT'S ON.

or something

Good too see Barry call them out on their lack of physical play recently. It has really gone down since the start of the season.

And good for Wilson trying to do anything and everything to energize the team.

We're not gonna win a lot of games if only our young players show up. We need the vets to show up every night.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I'm out of the loop and basically have been reading GDTs. I'm not ready to give up hope yet. I have to give Trotz at least until January. I can at least embrace some of his coaching philosophies whereas with Oates I could not embrace a thing except the "moose ears" a fan gave him.

Out of the loop because I decided to sign up for either NHL Center Ice or Gamecenter Live. I chose the latter forgetting that Caps' games are blacked out even though I have no access to them locally.

But anyway............I still wish Hunter, the no nonsense, guy would have stayed. How much can you expect from a core that's been through how many coaches in three years. Frankly, I lost count.

And if "things" don't improve then what is next given there is a new GM and new coach? Firing the owner doesn't seem like an option. So that leaves a trade? Veteran goaltender?

Halpysback*

I see all these complaints about wingers playing center. hasn't burakovsky been successful?

Yes, and his success is what's inspiring us to demand more of the same. Just imagine the success if we get Ovechkin with the program.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm out of the loop and basically have been reading GDTs. I'm not ready to give up hope yet. I have to give Trotz at least until January. I can at least embrace some of his coaching philosophies whereas with Oates I could not embrace a thing except the "moose ears" a fan gave him.

Out of the loop because I decided to sign up for either NHL Center Ice or Gamecenter Live. I chose the latter forgetting that Caps' games are blacked out even though I have no access to them locally.

But anyway............I still wish Hunter, the no nonsense, guy would have stayed. How much can you expect from a core that's been through how many coaches in three years. Frankly, I lost count.

And if "things" don't improve then what is next given there is a new GM and new coach? Firing the owner doesn't seem like an option. So that leaves a trade? Veteran goaltender?

it was pretty obvious that Hunter was coaching a scorched earth style that was for the one season only. it was not sustainable.

Halpysback*

what does ovechkin have to do with saying the team is losing because they have wingers playing center?

Simple, if we convert Ovechkin to center we have more center depth, and more center depth = yay :handclap:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Just get a vpn service going (I use ipvanish) and pick a server not in the black out area. I do it all the time to catch games on the laptop in the DC area when I'm not at home or feeling like delayed DVR watching at home.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad