GDT: Caps and Sharks 5:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Thought it would be a trap game, but like Obi-Wan Kenobi, Caps decided to spring the trap and keep go at it to get the win despite giving up the 1st goal.

Thank you Caps for making my day along with the Hershey Bears, since my Skins choked today against the Eagles.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Low expectations from SKins - exceeded expectations but suck. Ron and JDR must go.

Bears - high expectations and still exceeded. They are good.

Caps - tempered expectations and exceeded. Nice way to head into break for 4 days

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Frustrating game but Caps did win a Sunday early game and the PP looked better. The offside calls killed some good plays and the team didn't take any dumb penalties.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Still,plenty of games left to suck.

They deserve the suck for giving away Karlsson to the Pens.
Pens 3-5 and Karlsson hasn't had the offensive impact that was expected. Two of their wins have been 4-0 shutouts(Caps and Avs), while they are not getting the good goaltending from Jarry(who just got a new overpaid contract). Adding Karlsson is not what they needed, as their D and G are the problems. Mean while, the Caps just need to gel with the new coaches and system. It's a work in progress, but the signs are becoming more positive.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Ugh, they are gonna be off till Thursday to face the Islanders. I expect the 1st period in that game the team won't have their legs and will probably chase from behind.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Mean while, the Caps just need to gel with the new coaches and system. It's a work in progress, but the signs are becoming more positive.
I would agree but at some point Backstrom, Oshie and Kuzy really need to start playing because the above points will become irrelevant if they don’t.

I also think the goals will come for Ovy too. Outside of those two games, he’s still getting shots and should already have more than his 2 goals.

Reactions: Block

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I mean we have won three and a row. Special teams have been improving. We took zero penalties tonight. There is plenty to be optimistic about.

That said, agree with BallardEra that Oshie, Backstrom, and Kuzy need to come out of shell.

Lapierre not ready for NHL. Beck is. Phillips ok as a 13th.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean we have won three and a row. Special teams have been improving. We took zero penalties tonight. There is plenty to be optimistic about.

That said, agree with BallardEra that Oshie, Backstrom, and Kuzy need to come out of shell.

Lapierre not ready for NHL. Beck is. Phillips ok as a 13th.
I missed the 2nd and 3rd…..no bueno with Lappy? Ahh well it’ll come…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad