Dreger: Caps and Kempny have agreement

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Not even like Chicago’s D was good like in 2014 when their top 5 was Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Oduya and Leddy and there was simply no opportunity for Kempny. Quenneville was playing Oesterle 24-25 minutes a night after healthy scratching him for 30 games to start the season. 30 in a row. Fire Q.

Well, on the other hand you got some great years out of Oduya, who was originally dismissed by the Caps (despite them having crap on defense at the time). It's the circle of missed opportunities...

Reactions: Drakon

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well, on the other hand you got some great years out of Oduya, who was originally dismissed by the Caps (despite them having crap on defense at the time). It's the circle of missed opportunities...

Absolutely, every team squanders an asset worth keeping at some point. Kempny was particularly painful for some people to see because his numbers justified more opportunity.

Oh well, worked out great for Caps. Was fun to see him get redemption after being screwed for two years in Chicago.

djeck42

Jan 26, 2011
He did though... the Hawks board loved him and called the success he’d have in Washington.

Yeah absolutely. I thought he did well in the limited ice time Q would give him; but any mistake he would make, you knew he would be on the bench the rest of the game. Seeing the D that was dressing while he was watching from the press box was frustrating, so I am glad to see him doing well. I usually dont judge on +/- but his was the only decent + on the team to be a healthy scratch

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
2 or 2.5M for 3 years. Anyone expecting it to be in 3-4M range is out to lunch big time. The guy had been averaging less than 16 minutes a night in regular season and less than 18 minutes in the playoffs. I love Kempny but you can't be serious about 3-4M for him.

Reactions: gtrower

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Yeah absolutely. I thought he did well in the limited ice time Q would give him; but any mistake he would make, you knew he would be on the bench the rest of the game. Seeing the D that was dressing while he was watching from the press box was frustrating, so I am glad to see him doing well. I usually dont judge on +/- but his was the only decent + on the team to be a healthy scratch

“Kempny credited Todd Reirden for getting his confidence back here in Washington because he didn’t have much coming over in the trade. Said he had some bad games in the playoffs but Todd would give him keys to get right back on track.”

2017-18 Rink Wrap: Michal Kempny

Reactions: djeck42

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
“Kempny credited Todd Reirden for getting his confidence back here in Washington because he didn’t have much coming over in the trade. Said he had some bad games in the playoffs but Todd would give him keys to get right back on track.”

2017-18 Rink Wrap: Michal Kempny

If it's true that he took less money to stay then this is probably a really good indicator as to why.

Reactions: Drakon

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Do the Caps have to shed salary? Between Oshie, Carlson, and Kempny, they have been handing out a ton of money.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Do the Caps have to shed salary? Between Oshie, Carlson, and Kempny, they have been handing out a ton of money.

Not this summer. We are gooood.

9,7 mills left for the missing pieces. Wilson takes 4, Bowey takes about 1, backup goalie from 0,6-1. Roughly 4 mills left for ”Beagle” and ”Orpik”.

Next summer though..

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Not this summer. We are gooood.

9,7 mills left for the missing pieces. Wilson takes 4, Bowey takes about 1, backup goalie from 0,6-1. Roughly 4 mills left for ”Beagle” and ”Orpik”.

Next summer though..
Who's due next summer? Burakovsky and Vrana?

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Who's due next summer? Burakovsky and Vrana?

And Djoos and Stephenson, with UFA Connolly and DSP. Basicly every cheap contract we have, with no big contracts ending.

But thats something to worry much later, now we need to put all our focus to bring the same lineup that we had in G5 Vegas to lift that SC banner to rafter (-Grubauer).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad